O que há de Novo?
Fórum Outer Space - O maior fórum de games do Brasil

Registre uma conta gratuita hoje para se tornar um membro! Uma vez conectado, você poderá participar neste site adicionando seus próprios tópicos e postagens, além de se conectar com outros membros por meio de sua própria caixa de entrada privada!

• Anunciando os planos GOLD no Fórum Outer Space
    Visitante, agora você pode ajudar o Fórum Outer Space e receber alguns recursos exclusivos, incluindo navegação sem anúncios e dois temas exclusivos. Veja os detalhes aqui.

Star Wars Episode VIII - The Last Jedi (TÓPICO OFICIAL)

rbregalda

Bam-bam-bam
Reações
Pontos
Era melhor ter tido uma cena do passado, durante a destruição da academia dele, com ele enfrentando todos os cavaleiros de Ren (que afinal de contas foram completamente ignorados pelo Rian Johnson)
Os Knights of Ren foram citados pelo menos duas vezes no filme anterior e por isso muita gente criou teorias sobre eles. E no final das contas não deu em nada.
Poderiam ter colocado o Luke detonando todos eles, um por um, até sobrar apenas o Kylo Ren, numa cena ÉPICA, mostrando o quão forte o Luke se tornou. Só que aí o Luke de última hora não teria coragem de matar o Kylo, pelo fato dele ser filho do Han e da Leia e o deixaria escapar.
Pronto, era a chance de mostrar o Luke lutando de forma digna.
Fora que ainda teria o Snoke. Muita gente esperava um confronto do Luke vs Snoke e infelizmente não tivemos. Era natural uma luta entre os 2 mestres. E aí isso poderia ser no presente, no próprio episódio 8. Enfim, tanto potencial desperdiçado. Cada vez que penso fico com mais raiva. Quero mais é que essa nova trilogia se foda, se exploda, que tudo vá pra pqp. Conseguiram foder com Star Wars.
uma coisa é certa: rian johnson cagou...

AzraelR

Bam-bam-bam
Reações
Pontos
Tá aí, toda essa ceninha da chuva feita no filme anterior (que fez os fãs criarem um monte de teorias) completamente ignorada pelo bundão do Rian Johnson

maxresdefault.jpg

latest

rbregalda

Bam-bam-bam
Reações
Pontos
Tá aí, toda essa ceninha da chuva feita no filme anterior (que fez os fãs criarem um monte de teorias) completamente ignorada pelo bundão do Rian Johnson

maxresdefault.jpg

latest
pro jj abrams os cavaleiros de ren eram importantes, por isso a enfase. as vezes o jj abrams tinha pensado em outro final pro luke, com ele estando com a rey ali naquela nave e lutando com o snoke, e morrendo como o obi wan. talvez... jj não ter dirigido esse filme e o rian johnson descartar as ideias dele fodeu tudo...

Bloodstained

Mil pontos, LOL!
Reações
Pontos
pro jj abrams os cavaleiros de ren eram importantes, por isso a enfase. as vezes o jj abrams tinha pensado em outro final pro luke, com ele estando com a rey ali naquela nave e lutando com o snoke, e morrendo como o obi wan. talvez... jj não ter dirigido esse filme e o rian johnson descartar as ideias dele fodeu tudo...
Amadorismo épico por parte da Disney, para dizer o mínimo. Poderia ter havido troca de diretores, sem problema algum, desde que houvesse um roteiro-guia para nortear a trilogia. Tinha que haver uma história pronta, com pontos cruciais a serem abordados nos filmes. Ao invés disso, tivemos cada diretor indo para um destino, sendo que bundão Johnson ainda teve a liberdade extra de poder ignorar tudo o que havia sido estabelecido no episódio anterior e em boa parte da franquia. O resultado é essa b*sta chamada The Last Jedi.

Bat Esponja

Lenda da internet
Reações
Pontos
Mark Hamill on Skywalker disagreements, fear of starring in a new Star Wars film
SXSW: Q&A followed premiere of documentary about Star Wars: Episode VIII’s creation.

AUSTIN, Texas—Following the world premiere of The Director and The Jedi, a comprehensive two-hour documentary about the making of the latest Star Wars film, South By Southwest Film Festival attendees got a Last Jedi double-whammy. After the curtain raised at the Paramount Theater, director Rian Johnson and actor Mark Hamill took the stage for an impromptu Q&A.

Hamill unsurprisingly opted for jokes and openness in his answers, and in particular, he offered his most robust comments yet about that spicy bit of news ahead of Episode VIII's launch: that he didn't much care for how the character of Luke Skywalker had been written.

The topic bubbled up with a question about Star Wars' mythical and heroic scope as a long-running series, and Hamill explained how he prepared for the role: "When you get down to it, it's not Mark Hamill in a blockbuster film. It's Luke. I had to do a wild reimagining of the character. Like, hey, what happened between the last one and this one, where the most hopeful man in the galaxy becomes a cranky old suicidal man telling people to get off his lawn?

"Here I am going home again," he later added, "but it was a house I didn’t recognize at all."

Another fan pressed Hamill about this and about the brief mentions of disagreements between Hamill and Johnson during the film's production, which he opened up about widely.

"It's not distaste at all," Hamill said, partially quoting the question. "It just wasn't a Luke I understood." He described "backstories" that he had to invent for himself, including how Luke, in mentoring Kylo Ren, "picked the new Hitler to be the next hope" and "how I justified cutting off my telepathic communication with my sister." He even had a conversation with Johnson about the fact that Episode VII ended with Luke wearing Jedi robes. "What do we say about that? To make sure there was a flow."

"In the context of how this has all been framed, you have to snap your head back and remember that with every single movie, with characters, it's always a dialogue between the director and actors," Johnson added. "That's a healthy thing. You always butt heads with actors."

The same fan asked a follow-up question: how, Mr. Hamill, would you have written the plot if you could have? (Johnson immediately interjected and drew a huge laugh from the audience: "I wanna hear this. What would you do, motherfucker?")

Hamill admitted that he had "lots of really terrible ideas" for Episode VIII, at which point he shifted the question with an interesting tidbit: he had similar beef with George Lucas and Return of the Jedi's plot before that began filming. "I read [the script for] Jedi and thought, 'Wait a sec! I thought I was heading toward the struggle of heading to the Dark Side. I'm in black. I have a glove. I see a trend here.'"

After offering a cooking analogy about actors and directors, Hamill expressed a rare bit of regret, which he explained by way of his own Star Wars fandom.

"I'm like a lot of you. I feel an investment in it, a certain sense of ownership, which is a joke, because I don’t own it, now Disney does. But you care! That's what happens with these films. I'm sorry I lowered my guard and expressed my misgivings about it. That belongs in the [filmmaking] process. That doesn't belong to the public. I feel bad because I made that statement before I saw the finished film."

He went on to compliment the film—"probably the most complex Star Wars film since maybe Empire"—and even acknowledged how Johnson found little ways to get him on board with the acting role while the film was in production. He referenced a scene in which Luke threatens to burn down the Jedi library, then acts startled and sad when Yoda calls his bluff to do it instead. "Not only is [Luke] a broken man, he's certifiably insane? I can play that."

Like in other interviews, Hamill again reflected on the fact that all three original-trilogy actors came back to the series. "Within seconds [of our first meeting], Carrie [Fisher] slapped the table and said, 'I'm in.' Later, I said, 'Carrie, pokerface!'" He said that he found out about Harrison Ford returning to the series via the press, at which point he said to himself, "Oh my god, I've been drafted. If Larry and Moe come back, Curly's gotta sign. Or I'll be the most hated man in nerd-dom."

When talking about the pressure of starring in a new Star Wars film, Hamill admitted he insulated himself by thinking about Johnson as a smaller-fry filmmaker. "It was almost too high-profile for comfort. I said to Rian, 'I'm just... I'm terrified.' You know what he said? 'I am, too.' That's when I bonded with him deeply. I said, 'I have to pretend that this is a small, arthouse film that critics will rave about and the public will roundly reject. If I thought intellectually, like, 'camera this far from your face, it's forever, I can't go back and change it,' I'd be in a fetal position in the corner."

Hamill also admitted that he physically trained for 12 months, twice a week, before even reading the script of Episode VII, just to be prepared for a possible intense role in that 2015 film. He later learned that JJ Abrams' vision for Episode VIII included a description of "floating boulders to show off my Force powers," which didn't match Johnson's vision of how Luke would be portrayed. (This Abrams suggestion made him hopeful in part, however, that he'd have a simpler time in terms of exertion while filming Last Jedi: "I'll have the Force oozing out of my every orifice in VIII. I'll be knocking down AT-ATs like dominoes, and I won't have to train very hard.")

For more on Hamill and Johnson's insights on the process of making The Last Jedi, and on other revelations from that film's gestation and production process, stay tuned for our review of The Director And The Jedi (subject to embargo). The film does not currently have an announced release date.

Fonte
===================================================================

A cada declaração de bundão Johnson, menos gosto desse filhote da megera. :kclassic

"I have to pretend that this is a small, arthouse film that critics will rave about and the public will roundly reject. "

Agora faz sentido.
Ele não tinha ideia do que fazer e decidiu tacar o fodasse.

rbregalda

Bam-bam-bam
Reações
Pontos
Amadorismo épico por parte da Disney, para dizer o mínimo. Poderia ter havido troca de diretores, sem problema algum, desde que houvesse um roteiro-guia para nortear a trilogia. Tinha que haver uma história pronta, com pontos cruciais a serem abordados nos filmes. Ao invés disso, tivemos cada diretor indo para um destino, sendo que bundão Johnson ainda teve a liberdade extra de poder ignorar tudo o que havia sido estabelecido no episódio anterior e em boa parte da franquia. O resultado é essa b*sta chamada The Last Jedi.
cara, isso foi foda. o diretor tem que ter a liberdade, mas seguindo um roteiro. principalmente numa franquia dessas.

xxxnerozzz

Mil pontos, LOL!
Reações
Pontos
A menina que faz a Rey disse que o diretor desse último descartou td que o JJ tinha escrevido do roteiro guia do episódio 8 e 9

Mega_X

Ei mãe, 500 pontos!
Reações
Pontos
The Last Jedi é tão ruim que baixei pirata pra ver novamente, algo que faço sempre com os filmes Star Wars, e não tive estômago pra passar dos primeiros 25 mins. Prefiro acreditar que nada ali aconteceu e que todos estavam somente dormindo e sonhando.

Bloodstained

Mil pontos, LOL!
Reações
Pontos
“Every Word of What You Just Said is Wrong”
Why Lucasfilm's Charges of Sexism are Unwarranted

the-last-jedi-rey-poster-780x405.jpg

Since I wrote down my own feelings about the movie, The Last Jedi has caused quite a stir. It has its ardent defenders (Ty Rothermal and Mike Kaye among them), but a sizeable chunk of the fandom is really not happy with it, or the direction in which the Star Wars franchise is headed, cinematically at least, and they’re making their voices heard. In response, Lucasfilm – in particular, Kathleen Kennedy, Last Jedi director Rian Johnson, and The Force Awakens and recently christened Episode IX director J.J. Abrams – are doubling down on the decisions made and the state of Star Wars today. That’s fine, and more power to them; it’s a business decision and they’re in charge of the business (along with Disney, but it seems to this observer like the Lucasfilm crew aren’t really being micromanaged by the Mouse House). But what makes me angry, and should make you angry too, whatever your feelings about the movies, is their response to those who disagree, in particular the head it came to when Abrams suggested people who don’t like The Last Jedi are “threatened by women.”

“Their problem isn’t ‘Star Wars,’ their problem is being threatened… ‘Star Wars’ is a big galaxy, and you can sort of find almost anything you want to in ‘Star Wars,’… “If you are someone who feels threatened by women and needs to lash out against them, you can probably find an enemy in ‘Star Wars.’ You can probably look at the first movie that George [Lucas] did [‘Star Wars: A New Hope’] and say that Leia was too outspoken, or she was too tough. Anyone who wants to find a problem with anything can find the problem. The internet seems to be made for that.” [sic]​

jjabrams_01-768x432.jpg

Now, to be fair, he was sort of egged on by the suggestive question, but his response is very accusatory and turns the blame back on the fans. There’s not an ounce of introspection or acknowledgment that there could be a plausible reason for disliking some of the decisions made; just the finger pointed, the accusation of sexism delivered for daring not to give your seal of approval, and the ludicrous notion that there are people who hate Princess Leia. This defensive measure is becoming a tactic of late, most famously with Sony’s all-woman Ghostbusters remake (and look how well it worked for them), a way of countering criticism without having to actually defend the artistic choices of the filmmakers. If challenged, they’ll, I’m sure, jump to the defense of, “Oh, I was just talking about a small group of fans;” the problem is, that’s the only group they talk about. Well, if that’s the battlefield they want, let’s give it to them.

*Spoilers for The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi*

The criticisms to which Abrams is responding mention things like “social justice,” “diversity” and “feminism.” Indeed, these accusations have cropped up often, something to which a cursory glance at YouTube will attest. But where do they come from, and why are they coming now? Many – I would comfortably say most – of the people who are so angry at this movie loved The Force Awakens, which featured a woman and ethnic minorities in the lead roles. If they just want an all-white-male Star Wars universe, where was their anger in 2015? Why were they cheering on Rey, Finn and Poe?

The answer is because in The Force Awakens feminism and diversity didn’t feel like ends in themselves. Rey and Finn were actual characters who had personalities and arcs (Finn in particular), agency and goals, reasons for doing what they did. What were Rey’s goals in The Last Jedi? Finding Luke Skywalker was one of the goals from The Force Awakens, and she found him at the end of that movie. Here, she spins her wheels talking to him on a series of cliffs. She finds out about her parentage, but she isn’t looking for that information; it’s just dropped in her lap by the bad guy. She has no part in the final battle, showing up only to save everyone by lifting some rocks. Even her big fight scene is more about Kylo Ren than it is her. All of this begs the question: why is she the main character? She has nothing to do, doesn’t move the plot forward and doesn’t even seem to want anything. Finn’s initial goals are antithetical to where he ends up; he wants to run away and leave the Resistance behind, but is forced to help out anyway. Aside from ruining his arc in The Force Awakens (from deserting the First Order, to taking on the mission of the man who died [until he didn’t, but that’s a separate issue] to save him, to becoming an active part of the Resistance), this establishes the other main character as having no particular dog in the plot’s race, wishing he were anywhere else than in the action in which we’re trying to get invested. The people who drove the plot in The Force Awakens are letting the plot drive them in The Last Jedi, and that makes for some dull characters.

holdo-768x432.jpg

The supporting players fare no better. Poe was a minor character in The Force Awakens, but he played a role in the plot. In The Last Jedi, he makes dumb jokes and screws up everything he touches. Why should we like him? Then there are the new additions, Rose and Admiral Holdo. Rose fills a similar role to Poe’s in The Force Awakens, but she doesn’t function as he did. She does nothing to move the plot along or compliment Finn’s storyline, save electrocuting him in the beginning and stopping him from sacrificing himself at the end. The latter is important; while Poe set Finn off on his path, Rose stops him from seeing the logical conclusion of that path, dying to stop the monsters he was once forced to help. Holdo is the leader of the Resistance while Leia is in a coma, and she shows restraint in the face of the First Order’s aggression, clashing with Poe on the proper course of action, but ultimately proving herself to him when she sacrifices her own life to save the rest of the Resistance. Despite her final moment, most of her screen time is just boring; the whole point of her character is that she does nothing, and the movie argues this was the right thing to do. Moreover, both Rose and Holdo’s roles would have been better served by other, already established characters; Poe would’ve made a better partner in espionage for Finn, further developing the burgeoning friendship hinted at in The Force Awakens, and Leia readily admits that she would’ve made exactly the same decisions as Holdo.

The point is, all of these characters feel useless in The Last Jedi, and if they’re not serving the plot or being developed themselves, viewers are left to ask why they’re in the movie to begin with. (Although, in this case, the better question might be, “Why is this a movie to begin with?”) Moreover, people seem to be picking up on other less-than-stellar aspects of the new movies because of how glaring the problems with The Last Jedi are, such as Rey’s seeming invincibility and sight-unseen mastery of the Force; some people pointed this out in The Force Awakens, but it’s getting talked about a lot more now, compounded as it is by Rey’s – and everyone else’s – handling in Episode VIII. What’s worse, her “Mary Sue” aspects are accentuated by the dumbing down of Luke and Han; Luke is now an inept coward with no control of his emotions, while Han ran out on his family and can’t fly his own ship. Not only are the legendary heroes of the series being denigrated, but it’s in service of what turned out to be a lackluster character.

the-last-jedi-tv-spot1-tall-768x432.jpg

That is why charges of social justice, feminism and diversity pop up as negatives; because, while in The Force Awakens they (mostly) happily coexisted with functional, interesting, dynamic characters, here they are an end in themselves. Why is Rey the lead if she doesn’t do anything? Why are Rose and Holdo in the movie when their very presence detracts from the story and existing characters? The only logical conclusion is, to add more women. Well, I’m sorry, but that’s not good enough. A character in a narrative has to stand on his or her own, not just as the symbol of a cause. And this shows how empty these virtue signaling bouts really are; if they cared so much about representation, they’d put that care into crafting great characters that would catch on with people regardless of their sex or race or any other attribute. That’s why The Force Awakens – or, to use more recent, non-Star Wars examples, Wonder Woman and Black Panther – caught on; people liked and identified with the characters. Not so The Last Jedi, and in the wake of the popularity of these other films, I think the audience deserves the benefit of the doubt.

But they won’t get it, at least not from Lucasfilm, because any kind of honesty was never the point. The “ism” charges are a smoke screen to hide the fact that The Last Jedi is a divisive movie and, without taking anything away from the people who love it, those who don’t have perfectly legitimate reasons not to. (That this even has to be disputed is ridiculous; can you imagine arguing that there is no legitimate reason to dislike anything?) It’s hard to say for sure how much damage, if any, this will do to the Star Wars brand, but I seriously doubt it’s good business to attack the people who love your product the most. And that’s where the anger comes from; if they screwed up Transformers 19 or something it would be forgotten in a week, but people care about Star Wars and want it to be the best it can be. Throwing these folks under the bus is at best ungrateful, and at worst could cost them a lot of money. And then maybe Mickey will step in.

Fonte
=======================================================================

Iron_Sword

Mil pontos, LOL!
Reações
Pontos
cara, a história do luke poderia ser outra, ter outro final, mas só o que ele faz no final, usando a força pra gerar um imagem dele e lutar contra o kylo, foi uma coisa não mostrada anteriormente que é ducaralho. e sei lá. talvez luke volte como um fantasma, ainda mais que não teremos a leia... veremos... mas achei que ele virar um exilado compatível com a história dele, dele ter sido "traído" pelo próprio sobrinho. dele estar cansado. e se bobear teremos mais explicações do snoke no próximo filme também.

O negócio é que o Kylo não traiu o Luke, foi o contrário, o Luke que pirou e foi lá matar ele. Ele diz que "foi só por um pequeno momento que isso passou pela minha cabeça" mas porra, mostra ele saindo da cabana dele, indo até a do Kylo, olhando pro Kylo, pegando o sabre, ativando o sabre, levantando o sabre e só aí ele desiste, um momento porra nenhuma, ele pensou um tempão em matar o moleque.
E tipo, o cara foi capaz de ver o bem dentro do Vader, alguém que ele mal conhecia, ele não tinha um passado com o Vader, o Vader era um assassino, alguém temido na galáxia, um dos símbolos do império, um sith lord, e mesmo assim, indo contra as opiniões de Yoda, Obi-Wan, Leia, Palpatine, e até contra o senso comum, ele insistiu, achou o lado bom no Vader e o resgatou, isso com o Palpatine vendo e influenciando tudo, aí do nada um cara desses fica com medo de salvar o sobrinho? Alguém que ele conhece desde que nasceu, filho da irmã dele, filho do amigo dele, alguém que nunca tinha feito nada de tão mal quanto o Vader, só pq ele sentiu o lado negro nele? O mesmo lado negro que ele sabe que existe em qualquer um, e ainda ir lá pra matar de forma covarde? Que Luke é esse? É o Jake mesmo, não o Luke... E tbm não vejo problema em ele ter poder de projeção, ele já tinha feito algo parecido no antigo universo expandido, e é algo que dá pra se entender como um possível poder da força, mas pq ele não foi lá pessoalmente? Anos sem ver a irmã, que tinha perdido o marido e o filho, e ele nem vai pessoalmente, esse Luke deles é um bundão.

Parece que o diretor anterior, que foi demitido, tinha planos bem diferentes pro Luke, o próprio Mark Hamill chegou a comentar que tinha gostado do que tinha lido, fora que o próprio JJ Abrams tbm tinha coisas prontas pros ep 8 e 9, mas o Ryan Johnson jogou fora o script e as ideias dos dois, fez algo próprio ignorando um monte de coisas do ep 7 e empurrando pro próximo resolver as cagadas dele.

rbregalda

Bam-bam-bam
Reações
Pontos
O negócio é que o Kylo não traiu o Luke, foi o contrário, o Luke que pirou e foi lá matar ele. Ele diz que "foi só por um pequeno momento que isso passou pela minha cabeça" mas porra, mostra ele saindo da cabana dele, indo até a do Kylo, olhando pro Kylo, pegando o sabre, ativando o sabre, levantando o sabre e só aí ele desiste, um momento porra nenhuma, ele pensou um tempão em matar o moleque.
E tipo, o cara foi capaz de ver o bem dentro do Vader, alguém que ele mal conhecia, ele não tinha um passado com o Vader, o Vader era um assassino, alguém temido na galáxia, um dos símbolos do império, um sith lord, e mesmo assim, indo contra as opiniões de Yoda, Obi-Wan, Leia, Palpatine, e até contra o senso comum, ele insistiu, achou o lado bom no Vader e o resgatou, isso com o Palpatine vendo e influenciando tudo, aí do nada um cara desses fica com medo de salvar o sobrinho? Alguém que ele conhece desde que nasceu, filho da irmã dele, filho do amigo dele, alguém que nunca tinha feito nada de tão mal quanto o Vader, só pq ele sentiu o lado negro nele? O mesmo lado negro que ele sabe que existe em qualquer um, e ainda ir lá pra matar de forma covarde? Que Luke é esse? É o Jake mesmo, não o Luke... E tbm não vejo problema em ele ter poder de projeção, ele já tinha feito algo parecido no antigo universo expandido, e é algo que dá pra se entender como um possível poder da força, mas pq ele não foi lá pessoalmente? Anos sem ver a irmã, que tinha perdido o marido e o filho, e ele nem vai pessoalmente, esse Luke deles é um bundão.

Parece que o diretor anterior, que foi demitido, tinha planos bem diferentes pro Luke, o próprio Mark Hamill chegou a comentar que tinha gostado do que tinha lido, fora que o próprio JJ Abrams tbm tinha coisas prontas pros ep 8 e 9, mas o Ryan Johnson jogou fora o script e as ideias dos dois, fez algo próprio ignorando um monte de coisas do ep 7 e empurrando pro próximo resolver as cagadas dele.
pois é. eu gostei muito de force awakens, mas rian johnson cagou.

D

Deleted member 219486

The Last Jedi é tão ruim que baixei pirata pra ver novamente, algo que faço sempre com os filmes Star Wars, e não tive estômago pra passar dos primeiros 25 mins. Prefiro acreditar que nada ali aconteceu e que todos estavam somente dormindo e sonhando.

Esse filme até faz o Jar Jar Binks ser um personagem relevante e menos ruim, pelo menos tem personalidade diferente da quantidade de pão com b*sta que tem no The Last Jedi...
Pior é que senti um alinhamento com o estilo dos filmes da Marvel, só faltam no próximo colocar o ‎Robert Downey Jr fazendo algum papel, se bem que eles só colocam atores com cachê baixo pelo jeito.

Foi editado por um moderador:

bróðir

Master Distiller
Reações
Pontos
agora que descobri que o lendario Mr. Plinkett fez review do force awakens. O cara tinha sumido

Espero que ele faça um do last jedi tb

"what's wrong with your face?!!" :kkk
ja fez mas ao estilo "half in the bag", um quadro dele. Ta no canal "red letter media"... só que é mais de boas, menos alopração.

os zueros com atuação, durando 1 hora e meia são "in depth". Isso ele ainda não fez. Só com o Foce Awakens

Chris Redfield jr

Lenda da internet
Reações
Pontos
Idem aqui. Não consegui assistir novamente.

Kise Ryota

Exploiter Lixoso
VIP
Reações
Pontos
Ainda bem que eu não fui ao cinema e ainda baixei sem nenhuma expectativa.

Stranger_Eddie

Mil pontos, LOL!
Reações
Pontos

maxresdefault.jpg

latest
Eram um dos pontos que mais esperei por uma continuidade... Além de tudo que já foi falado.

Espero por um milagre pra salvar saporra! :facepalm
Valido até se fizessem um reboot do ep. 8

===

No mais, estou baixando este ktso de filme e vou rever ainda hoje.

Ultima Edição:

Bloodstained

Mil pontos, LOL!
Reações
Pontos
Essa bagaça fica cada vez mais zoada, na moral! :klol

Conclusão:
REI É A VAMPIRA!
rogue1.gif

Seeker2611

Ei mãe, 500 pontos!
Reações
Pontos
Eu quase dormi assistindo esse filme. No começo pensei que era hate gratuito, mas na real o filme é bem fraquinho. Esse Luke é muito pão com b*sta, pqp. A história do Kylo Ren também é bem tosca, o general que veio do Harry Potter também é uma piada.

Bloodstained

Mil pontos, LOL!
Reações
Pontos
:kkk:kkk:kkk:kkk:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:kkk:kkk:kkk:kkk:kkk:kkk put* que pariu. O nível que chegaram.
Chutaram o balde de vez, Iron. Conforme provado em The Last Jedi, de agora em diante, as coisas serão assim em Star Wars: soluções totalmente preguiçosas e convenientes para roteiros de quinta categoria, independente de quão absurdas ou forçadas essas soluções forem. E se elas vão retalhar o cânon da série no processo, que se foda. Star Wars morreu mesmo... e só posso dizer que foi uma morte horrível. :facepalm

Nicko

O Corretor de Seguros
VIP
GOLD
Reações
Pontos
Pessoal assisti hoje o filme, e na boa....sei que devem ter comentado mas não tem como eu ler as 82 páginas desse tópico então só queria saber algumas coisinhas que quem é fã ou acompanhou o tópico devem saber:
1- Qual a motivação do Kylo Ren ?
Sério, ele tava treinando pra ser Jedi com os amiguinhos e com o Luke...uma noite o Luke bebasso vai lá e parece que ia atacar ele ou não ia, não sabemos, pode ter sido uma ilusão do Sith lá o Snoke.
Mas PORRA...beleza só pq meu Tio ta bebasso e TALVEZ, TALVEZ fosse fazer algo (sem sentido como disseram ai em cima, totalmente sem noção) eu vou lá e....destruo o universo. Vou matar papai e mamãe e todas as pessoas serão meus escravos.
PQP mano sério ? Ou a motivação dele é outra? Porque se for isso até mesmo os vilões de Dragon Ball tem mais motivações...
Desde o episódio 7 eu realmente não entendi a "raiva" dele...e até agora estou sem entender...
Tem mais alguma coisa que não foi revelada?
Darth Vader pelo menos tinha a mistura do amor e ódio e isso fez ele optar pelo nado negro, já que ele questionava muitos métodos Jedi...agora Kylo Ren... sério não saquei a motivação dele.

MEU JESUS achei esse texto da "Vice" e quase Vomitei
Por que Kylo Ren é o melhor vilão de Star Wars de todos os tempos
Caramba eu não consigo acreditar que alguém escreveu isso...
Resumindo..a motivação dele, os assassinatos e tudo mais foi por "MIMIMI EMO da nova geração"

2- Quem era Snoke
Quem era ele e como ele surgiu? Pois pelo que me lembro até o episódio VI ele JAMAIS havia sito citado. Como ele surge comandando toda a primeira ordem?
Pois a minha impressão de leigo é que...ele apareceu lá, quase como um pedido das esferas do dragão.
E a forma como ele morreu também...caraio que bananão.

3-Poderes e forças
Como a Rey, sem treinamento ALGUM consegue equiparar forças com Kylo Ren que supostamente treinou a vida toda...ela meio que empata com ele na telecinesia.
Como ela sem treinamento ganha com certa tranquilidade dos soldados "elite" do Snoke ?

4-LUKE...que vergonha
O que vemos aqui é um Luke Skywalker BEM distante do que existia nos filmes anteriores...e isso é uma pena, um desperdício de personagem.
O próprio ator já reclamou e disse que o Luke que ele fez nos filmes anteriores agiria de forma diferente.
Essa total falta de fé dele, abandonar a família e a irmã, o próprio treinamento com Kylo Ren...nossa achei zuado demais esse rumo do personagem.

Enfim o episódio 7 eu já achei meia-boca, aliás bem ruinzinho...esse 8 ...foi BEM PIOR, pra mim o Pior de todos os filmes Star Wars.
Aliás da "nova geração" o melhor filme é o Rogue One com TODA a certeza.

Ultima Edição:

Bloodstained

Mil pontos, LOL!
Reações
Pontos
The Last Jedi: How Snoke (Indirectly) Trained Rey in the Force

Rey-and-Snoke-in-Star-Wars-The-Last-Jedi.jpg

The mysterious Force-bond between Rey and Kylo Ren was one of the most disturbing plot threads in Star Wars: The Last Jedi. The two found themselves plunging into one another’s minds, sensing each other’s emotions, and confronted with ill-timed and inconvenient visions of one another. The film eventually revealed that the bond had actually been created by Supreme Leader Snoke, who (rightly) believed he could use this to draw Rey to him.

But that Force-bond proved to be a mistake on Snoke’s part. His conflicted apprentice lashed out, killing the Supreme Leader, and ending his reign. Surprisingly, though, it also had a transformative effect on Rey. According to the novelization of The Last Jedi, it actually trained her in the ways of the Force.

Rey-and-Kylo-Ren-in-Star-Wars.jpg

The first time Rey experienced a vision of Kylo Ren, it left her reeling. According to Jason Fry’s novelization, she swiftly realized that the vision had changed something within her.

Kylo had retreated at finding Rey in his head – had practically fled from her. But that had not been the end of that strange, sudden connection. She had seen more – far more. Somehow, almost instinctually, she knew how he accessed some of the powers at his command – even though she didn’t understand them. It was as if his training had become hers, unlocking and flinging open door after door in her mind.

Kylo Ren had trained for years – first under Luke Skywalker, and then under Snoke himself. Suddenly, as a result of these visions, Rey had a basic awareness of how Kylo Ren could use the Force for prodigious feats. It’s true that her actual understanding was limited, since this was before Rey had even been taught the basics of the Force by Luke. The novelization stresses that Rey found this new, instinctive knowledge quite terrifying; Kylo Ren had opened doors in her mind that she could not close again.

This certainly explains why Rey was so effective a duelist in the Throne Room battle. Although she’d proven herself able to take on Kylo Ren on his own, she shouldn’t have been able to handle Snoke’s vengeful guards. But the would-be Jedi had actually absorbed some of Kylo Ren’s instinctive Force-knowledge, likely including his lightsaber skills. Snoke had effectively given Rey a power-up.

Rey-in-Star-Wars-The-Last-Jedi.jpg

Rey has an instinctive link to Force-abilities that should otherwise be beyond her. But she lacks the knowledge to be aware of the risks; she doesn’t know which Force-powers could potentially burn her out, or which would encourage her towards the dark side. In fact, it’s unclear how well Rey even understands the Force’s light-dark dichotomy. The reality is that this left Rey in quite a dangerous position. It’s highly likely Snoke’s training of Kylo Ren was focused on unlocking his dark side potential. That means Rey has an instinctual knowledge of the Force, one that is oriented towards the dark side. Little wonder she sensed the call of the dark side with such ease.

Ironically, though, the Throne Room battle may actually be Rey’s salvation. The novelization reveals that Rey felt overwhelmed, and unwittingly made a choice that will shape her destiny.

She couldn’t direct the Force well enough to last long against three elite warriors in lightsaber-resistant armor. But she could let it direct her, allow it to make her its instrument.

Though Rey didn’t know it, in that second she committed herself to the light side of the Force. The crucial difference between dark siders and light siders is how they relate to the Force; a dark sider seeks to “direct the Force,” where a light sider wishes to serve it.

Snoke had – both unwittingly and indirectly – trained Rey, but Rey ultimately rejected the siren song of the dark side. Instead, when the dust settled from the Throne Room battle, Rey stood as a servant of the light. Supreme Leader Snoke’s failure was complete.

Fonte

Iron_Sword

Mil pontos, LOL!
Reações
Pontos
Ironically, though, the Throne Room battle may actually be Rey’s salvation. The novelization reveals that Rey felt overwhelmed, and unwittingly made a choice that will shape her destiny.

She couldn’t direct the Force well enough to last long against three elite warriors in lightsaber-resistant armor. But she could let it direct her, allow it to make her its instrument.

Though Rey didn’t know it, in that second she committed herself to the light side of the Force. The crucial difference between dark siders and light siders is how they relate to the Force; a dark sider seeks to “direct the Force,” where a light sider wishes to serve it.

Snoke had – both unwittingly and indirectly – trained Rey, but Rey ultimately rejected the siren song of the dark side. Instead, when the dust settled from the Throne Room battle, Rey stood as a servant of the light. Supreme Leader Snoke’s failure was complete.

Fonte

Though Rey didn’t know it

Ela foi pro lado da luz sem querer? É isso?:kkk:kkk:kkk:kjoinha:kjoinha

Nicko

O Corretor de Seguros
VIP
GOLD
Reações
Pontos
Esse filme é uma falhação atrás da outra Jesuis...
Pior que tem tanta gente boa com roteiros ótimos que poderiam virar filme...

xxxnerozzz

Mil pontos, LOL!
Reações
Pontos
Agora tem uma explicação pq a Ray é forte, isso torna o filme melhor ?

Nãooooooo

Nicko

O Corretor de Seguros
VIP
GOLD
Reações
Pontos
Agora tem uma explicação pq a Ray é forte, isso torna o filme melhor ?
Nãooooooo
Eu fiquei bem decepcionado com o filme, nem tinha lido spoilers e nem trailers pq queria que tudo fosse surpresa.
Minha expectativa: "Luke badass vai mostrar todo seu domínio sobre a força"
Realidade: Vilão mimizento e Luke morrendo de tanto meditar.

Bloodstained

Mil pontos, LOL!
Reações
Pontos
A série de maior sucesso dos últimos tempos, finalmente retornou do seu hiato. E aproveitem, porque o episódio de retorno de Damage Control vai ser um especial com maior duração. :klol

S02E13 - Lançamos a novel de Damage Control. Compre já a sua!

Every Major Reveal From Star Wars: The Last Jedi’s Novelization

Star-Wars-The-Last-Jedi-Teaser-Poster-Rey.jpg

The recently-published novelization of Star Wars: The Last Jedi contains several reveals that enhance our understanding of the film. Released late last year, Episode VIII proved to be one of the most divisive entries in the franchise, unpacking a dense and loaded narrative that fundamentally changed the course of the saga while broadening the mythology and lore. It’s a film people will continue to debate for a long time – at least until Episode IX his theaters and wraps up the sequel trilogy. Arguably, only then will audiences be able to properly evaluate The Last Jedi‘s contributions to the saga.

Given how polarizing The Last Jedi was, there was hope the book would be able to improve upon its more controversial aspects and sway the naysayers back to the light side. Lucasfilm actually billed Jason Fry’s adaptation as an “Expanded Edition” of the movie, as it goes into greater detail than possible in the film medium. With the novel now hitting shelves, we’re taking a look at the biggest revelations within its pages and what it means for canon.

LUKE SKYWALKER’S DREAM

Luke-Skywalker-Mara-Jade.jpg

The book begins with a prologue, depicting Luke dreaming of an alternate life he could have lived if he chose a different path. In this hypothetical reality, he never left Tatooine, giving the droids up to the Empire so he could stay on the Lars family homestead and be a moisture farmer. Luke grew old on the desert world with his wife Camie (a character from A New Hope‘s deleted scenes) by his side, but sometimes wonders how things would have turned out if he took Princess Leia’s pleading message to heart and answered the call. As it stands, the Empire still reigns over the galaxy, having eliminated the Rebellion long ago. When Luke wakes from his sleep on Ahch-To, he realizes this was the Force’s doing and isn’t sure how to interpret it.

A key part of Luke’s arc in the sequel trilogy is the regret he feels over how things turned out, so it isn’t surprising to see him imagining a more peaceful existence where he never learned the harrowing truth about his family, became a Jedi, or failed his own nephew in training. In his youth, Luke was eager to leave Tatooine behind and go on daring adventures, but as an elderly man, his mindset is much different. That he would dream of this adds layers to his character and makes his fall even more depressing.

THE REASON FOR LUKE’S COSTUME CHANGE

forceawakens-hamill-ending.jpg

At the end of The Force Awakens, Rey finds Luke standing atop a cliff on Ahch-To in white Jedi robes, but immediately after rejecting the lightsaber, he goes back to his hut to change into a different outfit. This sudden shift in attire seemed odd, but there’s an in-universe explanation behind it. The robes from Force Awakens are ceremonial Jedi robes that appear to be connected to the ritual of burning down the library with the original Jedi texts. It’s for this reason Luke is back in his Force Awakens clothes during the scene with Yoda.

The book mentions Luke had gone to destroy the library multiple times before, but could never bring himself to do it. In fact, when Rey finds him in Episode VII, Skywalker is brooding after another failed attempt. Despite his feelings that it was time for the Jedi to end, Luke was still sentimental about the Order. This isn’t entirely surprising, seeing that he spent decades on missions with R2-D2 collecting various Jedi artifacts around the galaxy. To burn the library would be burning his life’s work. Yoda, of course, had no such qualms.

LUKE WAS GOING TO GO BACK WITH REY

Mark-Hamill-as-Luke-and-Daisy-Ridley-as-Rey-in-Star-Wars-The-Last-Jedi.jpg

For much of The Last Jedi, Rey fruitlessly tries to convince Luke to rejoin the Resistance and help in the fight against Kylo Ren. But Luke is convinced the galaxy is a better place without him and repeatedly refuses to get involved. In the movie, Skywalker’s change of heart is spurred by Yoda’s final lesson, but in the novel it takes place a little earlier. Luke originally intended to physically leave the island with Rey.

This scene in the book happens shortly after Luke reawakens the Force inside him, and he realizes Rey was right all along. Knowing Leia and the rest of his friends are in grave danger, Luke recognizes the galaxy’s need for a spark of hope and is willing to go back. However, he changes his mind when he sees Rey communicating with Kylo Ren in her hut and the two have their fight. Luke knows what Rey did not. Ben Solo was forever lost, and Rey had to learn things were not going to the way she thought on her own. One has to wonder how Luke’s last stand on Crait would have played out if he left Ahch-To, but that’s something we’ll never know for sure.

A FUNERAL FOR HAN

Harrison-Ford-Han-Solo-The-Force-Awakens.jpg

Audiences bid a tearful farewell to Han Solo in The Forces Awakens. While Last Jedi didn’t have much time to harp on the loss, the novel includes an additional scene where the Resistance holds a memorial service for the late hero. Leia, of course, says some kind words, remarking how Han “hated bullies and injustice”all throughout his life – from his youth on Corellia to his final moments on Starkiller Base. It’s possible this passage contains clues about Han’s characterization in Solo: A Star Wars Story.

It’s becoming more apparent that Han’s tough, roguish exterior was nothing more than a facade. In Solo, he’s far more of an idealist than we’re accustomed to seeing and is out to prove himself in the galactic underworld. He wants to be one of the leading criminal figures, but has too big a heart to fully go down that path. Leia hinted as much in her speech saying, “Han fancied himself a scoundrel. But he wasn’t.” It’ll be interesting to see how Alden Ehrenreich’s version is portrayed.

LEIA’S MEDICAL CONDITION

Leia-Organa-Star-Wars-The-Last-Jedi-The-Force.jpg

The Last Jedi made waves by introducing several new Force powers, and other than Luke’s astral projection, the most notorious was “Leia Poppins.” By now, the image of Leia floating through space is well-known, as the General channeled her Force abilities in a last-ditch effort to stay alive. She stayed in a coma recovering for a good stretch of the film, but viewers didn’t learn much about her condition. The book, however, reveals a little more.

When Poe Dameron goes to check on Leia, C-3PO mentions things about ebullism (formation of gas bubbles in bodily fluids due to reduced environmental pressure), hypoxia (insufficient oxygen reaching tissues), and solar radiation exposure to the pilot. As we know, Leia awoke from her coma and survived the film’s third act, but it will be interesting to see if these effects have anything to do with the character’s absence in Episode IX. Leia was originally meant to be at the forefront of the sequel trilogy finale, but following Carrie Fisher’s passing, those plans changed and J.J. Abrams will have to explain what happened to Leia.

LEIA’S MOMENT WITH CHEWIE

Chewie-and-Leia-Get-Close.jpg

In perhaps the book’s most emotional scene, Leia has a private moment with Chewbacca in the Millennium Falconcockpit. She tells the Wookiee Luke sacrificed himself so the Resistance can live. As Chewie mourns the death of another friend, the grief Leia has been holding inside becomes to much for her to bear. Embracing Chewbacca, Leia finally allows herself a chance to weep for all she’s lost over the years, including Han, Luke, and her son. She would never allow herself to be seen in such a way in front of the Resistance members she’s supposed to lead, but in the company of an old friend, things are different.

The death of Fisher makes this passage much more tragic in our world. Leia’s final words to Chewie are, “It’s just us now, but we’ll find a way.” Of course, Chewie will sadly have to soldier on all on his own, as his trio of faithful companions will all be gone by the time Episode IX picks up. It’s true the lovable Wookiee is close with Rey and knows Finn (plus, Artoo and Treepio will always be there), but there’s no denying it just isn’t the same. In the original trilogy, Luke, Han, Leia, and Chewie became a family, and now there’s only one left.

SUPREME LEADER SNOKE’S BACKSTORY

snoke-smile.jpg

Many fans were perturbed (to say the least) after Rian Johnson made the decision to kill Snoke in The Last Jedi. The character who spawned a million theories and was positioned as an all-powerful antagonist had been brought down in an instant, with very little of his origins revealed onscreen. This was a conscious choice on Johnson’s part, as he felt such things would bog his story down. Where Snoke came from was irrelevant to the larger picture; the Supreme Leader was a red herring to serve Kylo Ren’s personal arc and now has no more part in the story.

But Lucasfilm did craft a backstory for the character, and some of it is revealed in Fry’s book. As hinted at in the Aftermath trilogy, the First Order rose from Emperor Palpatine’s Contingency plan, which he organized for decades. The old Empire set up shipyards, labs, and storehouses in the Unknown Regions in preparation of a possible collapse. Refugees who traveled there after the Battle of Jakku were ill-suited to deal with the horrors they faced, but it was Snoke’s knowledge that saved them. Much like Darth Sidious, Snoke knew of the truths of the Force that existed in the Unknown Regions and used them for his own advantage. His ultimate goal is to reclaim what the Empire lost and build upon their rebuilt foundation.

The book also notes Snoke’s manipulation and exploitation of Ben Solo was what spurred Luke to create a new Jedi Order – the one Ben ultimately destroyed. Originally, Luke was content to search the galaxy for old Jedi artifacts and lore, but the potential power (and danger) of his nephew led him to open the Temple and teach others the ways of the Force.

THE ROLE OF THE SUPREMACY

Star-Wars-the-Last-Jedi-TIE-Silence-and-the-Supremacy-Mega-Star-Destroyer-3.jpg

From the opening sequence of A New Hope, Star Wars villains have always had massive ships, but most everything they’ve had is quite small compared to the Supremacy. That’s because the vehicle isn’t just a new Star Destroyer. It’s a mobile capital for the First Order where everything from soldier armor to ships are constructed. At this point in time, the First Order does not have a singular home base planet of operations (think: the Resistance and D’Qar), but it will be interesting to see how things change now that Kylo Ren is in charge.

Of course, the Supremacy was destroyed thanks to Admiral Holdo’s daring maneuver, but it doesn’t seem like it will be too big a setback for the villains. In the aftermath of the ship’s destruction, General Hux doesn’t seem overtly concerned about the loss, knowing the First Order remains well-resourced. The book frequently hints they could even have more superweapons under construction, so the Resistance remains the underdog.

KNIGHTS OF REN

Knights-of-Ren-in-Star-Wars-The-Force-Awakens.jpg

Ever since their namedrop in The Force Awakens, fans have wanted to learn more about the Knights of Ren. Kylo is said to be their master, but they’ve had virtually nothing to do in the sequel trilogy. The Knights were briefly seen in Rey’s Force vision from Episode VII, and Luke mentions Kylo ran off with a handful of his studentsafter destroying the Temple. Johnson explained they’re not in Star Wars 8because there frankly wasn’t room for them in the movie. But the benefit of the book is that it can flesh out aspects the film necessarily can’t.

The Knights of Ren have a minuscule presence in the book, but it does not sound like they’re aligned with Snoke. An early passage remarks Snoke and Kylo are the only two Force users in the First Order. Snoke also seems fairly unimpressed by the whole “Ren” thing, brushing off the identity as nothing more than a lost Ben seeking wish fulfillment. With Kylo the new Supreme Leader, however, it’s possible he calls on his old allies to serve a role similar to that of the praetorian guards. It would be a wasted opportunity if Episode IX ignored the Knights completely.

MORE INSIGHT INTO GENERAL HUX

Domhnall-Gleeson-as-General-Hux-in-Star-Wars-The-Last-Jedi.jpg

Hux admittedly does not have the biggest part in the new films, acting as a secondary villain who constantly bickers with Kylo Ren. The Last Jedi used him mainly for comic relief, but Fry is given an opportunity to flesh the character out a bit to make him more well-rounded. Hux does not consider Snoke or Kylo Ren to be the ruler the First Order needs to thrive and fancies himself as a prospective Supreme Leader. Hux’s sentiments about Snoke were shared by others, who felt Gallius Rax, Rae Sloane, or even Hux’s father Brendol would have been a preferred option at the top.

Speaking of Brendol, he’s partially the reason Kylo keeps Hux so close during the battle on Crait. Hux gained notoriety for removing anyone who stood in his way, including his own father (sound familiar, Kylo?). Kylo is afraid of being betrayed by Hux on Crait, so he’s not letting the general out of his sight. Kylo also sees Crait as an opportunity to remind his subordinates who’s in charge.

Additionally, Hux’s stormtrooper training program is described as a combination of the old Jedi Order and Republic Clone Trooper methods, plucking precarious youngsters from birth and training them for battle. He views his army as the Jedi’s lasting legacy, which makes him smile.

KYLO REN BACKSTORY DETAILS

Adam-Driver-Kylo-Ren-Scar-Star-Wars-The-Last-Jedi.jpg

Not much is known about Ben Solo’s youth, but the Last Jedi novelization provides more clues concerning his turn to the dark side. There’s a section where Kylo recalls overhearing conversations Han and Leia had about their son’s burgeoning power, speaking of him as if he was a monster and not their child. Because they were scared of his potential, they shipped him away with Luke, and things were never the same again.

Through the flashbacks, The Last Jedi went a long way in shaping Kylo as a sympathetic antagonist. Based on the information presented in the film and book, it’s easy to see why Ben would turn. Luke, his uncle and teacher, betrayed him (if only for a fleeting moment) and his parents were too “weak” to deal with the situation. He really had no choice but to find a different path to follow. Kylo says to Rey in the novelization he didn’t hate his parents, but it’s clear he was disappointed in them. It makes sense he would want to let the past die.

KYLO AND LEIA’S FORCE CONNECTION

Leia-Kylo-Ren-Star-Wars-The-Last-Jedi.jpg

One of the standout moments in the film is a part where Kylo and Leia connect through the Force, as Kylo targets the Resistance flagship. The former Ben Solo cannot bring himself to kill his mother, and he takes his hand off the trigger. In the movie, it’s clear the two are sensing each other’s feelings, and the book elaborates on this scene. The text reveals Kylo sees Leia is worried for him and desperately wants him to come back to her. This is why he couldn’t go through with the action of ending her life. After another First Order pilot fires at the Raddus, Fry writes, “If he [Kylo]had known, he could have stopped the torpedo,” suggesting he would have tried to save Leia. This is very different from his experience with Han and his pure hatred for Luke.

Unfortunately, this is the closest to an interaction between Kylo and Leia we’ll see onscreen. It will be interesting to see how Ben reacts to the loss of his mother in Episode IX, but it will no doubt make him quite emotional. Murdering Han split his spirit to the bone, after all. If Lucasfilm uses solar radiation poisoning as Leia’s cause of death, Kylo could even feel responsible for what happened.

REYLO HINTS

Adam-Driver-as-Kylo-Ren-and-Daisy-Ridley-as-Rey-in-Star-Wars-The-Last-Jedi.jpg

In the age of fans ‘shipping their favorite pop culture characters, one notable pairing to gain traction is “Reylo,” which imagines a romantic relationship between Rey and Kylo. The Last Jedi largely eschewed a love story element, but it does toy with the notion of something being there. The duo’s Force Skype talks are laced with sexual tension, particularly towards the end when they touch hands. Since the book can provide further insight into the characters’ minds, people were on the search for Reylo clues.

After Rey’s incident in the Ahch-To cave, she feels immense relief when she sees Kylo and can confide in him about what happened. Later, during their ride to Snoke’s throne room, Rey senses Kylo’s “churning emotions” are about her, and Kylo silently pleads with Snoke to stop torturing Rey. Lastly, when Kylo awakes after the fight with the guards and realizes Rey left him alive, he notes it was “almost as if she cared for him.” The book never gets more explicit than that, but it does indicate there might have been some romantic feelings.

Any interest has likely passed by the end of The Last Jedi. Kylo swears to Luke he will destroy Rey (saying her name “like it was poison”), and Rey breaks the connection they had when she closes the Falcon ramp. In that moment, Kylo notices Rey’s eyes aren’t filled with hatred, but don’t have compassion either.

REY CONTEMPLATED KILLING KYLO REN

Star-Wars-The-Last-Jedi-Rey-and-Kylo-Snoke-Throne-Room-battle-photo-Disney-Lucasfilm.jpg

Rey had a chance to kill her enemy in The Force Awakens, and apparently another one presented itself in The Last Jedi. While waiting for Chewie after escaping the throne room, Rey thinks over her decision to not murder the unconscious Kylo Ren before leaving. She opted not to do it because the future is a “range of possibilities” and she did not want to repeat the same mistakes Luke made. As part of her training, Rey learned the Force is so much bigger than she thought, and people like her and Kylo are its instruments – not the other way around. Since “the Force wasn’t finished” with Kylo, she chose to let the will of the Force play out.

With Episode IX positioned not just as the end of the sequel trilogy, but the entire Skywalker saga, the conflict between Rey and Kylo will have to be resolved some way. Many are expecting the two to have another duel, though Last Jedibroke tradition and did not have a typical lightsaber battle. Perhaps J.J. Abrams has some tricks up his sleeve and he’ll find a more creative way to end this thread, since it sounds like Rey isn’t too keen on killing Kylo herself. Things could change between now and Star Wars 9, however.

ROSE’S ROMANCE WITH FINN

Rose-and-Finn-on-Canto-Bight.jpg

After spending most of Force Awakens with Rey, Finn got a new friend in Rose during Last Jedi as they go on a secret mission for Poe. Though they meet under less than ideal circumstances (with Finn attempting to run away), they grow close over the course of their adventure. Finn and Rose shared a small kiss on Crait, and the book hints at the full scope of Rose’s feelings for the former stormtrooper.

One line in the novel notes Rose thinks Finn is “handsome,” but is turned off by the “weird traitor thing.” Considering Finn’s past as a First Order deserter, Rose is quite fascinated with him and views him as a galactic hero. It’s also mentioned throughout the book Rose is tired of hearing Finn wax on about Rey, perhaps harboring some feelings of jealousy towards the scavenger. Unfortunately for Rose, if John Boyega had his way, Finn would end up with Rey, but it’s all going to depend on what Abrams wants to do.

MORE DETAILS ON MAZ KANATA

Maz-Kanata-Star-Wars-The-Force-Awakens.jpg

Outside of Captain Phasma, it’s difficult to find a worse character in the sequel trilogy than Maz Kanata. This is not an indictment on actress Lupita Nyong’o, but a commentary on how the filmmakers have implemented her. It doesn’t help matters Maz is at the forefront of a clunky second act in The Force Awakens, and her hologram scene is one of the worst in Last Jedi by far. Abrams and Johnson seem to be at a loss of what to do with her, and it’s unknown if she’ll be back for Episode IX. Fortunately, non-movie canon is here to add a little more to Maz.

Prior to her conversation with Finn, Poe, and Rose, the novel mentions Maz has endured 67 injuries, 22 of which were considered life-threatening. She has gone through a plethora of treatments and remains on her feet after a millennium of life. Author Fry doesn’t expand beyond that, but it certainly fleshes Maz out more than her cinematic appearances have, and may actually make fans more interested in her endeavors. Her various exploits would be ideal for a comic series or another novel. It would be a great way to salvage what could have been a very interesting character.

R2-D2’S SECRET RELATIONSHIP WITH THE FALCON

Luke-Skywalker-and-R2-D2-Force-Awakens.jpg

For many Star Wars fans, the Millennium Falcon is as much a character as Darth Vader or Han Solo. The ship has been front and center during some of the saga’s biggest moments and is one of the most popular images in all of pop culture. Dating back to The Empire Strikes Back, Lucasfilm has given the Falcon some personality, with Threepio noting its peculiar dialect. But Fry takes things one step further in his book.

Towards the end while R2-D2 is scanning the Crait surface for the surviving Resistance members, the text details his relationship with the “cantankerous” Falcon. In a surprising revelation, it’s revealed the ship has a taste for “romantic gossip and dirty jokes,” which Artoo is happy to provide. It’s for that reason he gets along with the Falcon, but the prim and proper Threepio does not. This is something to keep in mind next time you watch Artoo fix the ship’s hyperdrive in Empire.

With the Falcon having specific traits like this, it’s caused some fans to wonder if L3-37, Lando Calrissian’s droid companion in Solo, actually is the Falcon, uploading her consciousness to the ship’s mainframe. If that turns out true, that would only make the Falcon‘s possible destruction in Episode IX more harrowing.

REBEL ALLIANCE SECRETS

Star-Wars-the-Last-Jedi-Crait-Resistance-Ski-Speeders.jpg

Crait plays a key role in The Last Jedi and is a very important planet in Star Warscanon. As revealed in Claudia Gray’s Leianovel, it was the home of an old Rebellion base, which is why the Resistance seeks shelter there while on the run from the First Order. Of course, the Alliance had to keep their presence there a secret, and even after the fall of the Empire, their leaders found that old habits died hard.

Following the Galactic Civil War, the Rebels turned over their military secrets to the New Republic, but key figures like Leia and Admiral Ackbar decided to keep a few things close to the chest. This was a necessary measure in the case of future disaster. The Alliance veterans stashed files in navicomputers that contained hyperspace routes and the location of Rebel safeworlds, like Crait.

A CARETAKER’S LIFE

The-Caretakers-in-Star-Wars-The-Last-Jedi.jpg

Fry gives The Last Jedi an epilogue set on Ahch-To, told from the perspective of a Caretaker. It fleshes out the nun-like aliens, revealing it is their responsibility to aid visitors in any way they can, such as cooking meals and cleaning clothes. There is always a head matron to take care of these tasks, and eventually the matron passes the title down to their daughter. Luke was a different kind of visitor to Ahch-To, arriving with artifacts presumably taken from the planet long ago. Skywalker insisted on doing everything himself and had a nice relationship with the Caretakers. He learned their language and their traditions, taking part in the Festival of Return each month during his exile.

Of course, by the end of The Last Jedi, Ahch-To has no more outside guests. Rey left on the Falcon with Chewie and Artoo, while Luke became one with the Force. The Caretakers gathered Luke’s belongings and stored them in a repository with other objects they’ve amassed over generations. The book mentions other visitors on Ahch-To either leapt to their death into the water or allowed the Force to take them.

Fonte
Divirtam-se destrinchando essa m****. :klol

Nicko

O Corretor de Seguros
VIP
GOLD
Reações
Pontos
Início de O Despertar da Força, Nova República domina a galáxia. Primeira Ordem é um grupo terrorista.

=>Primeira Ordem destrói 5 planetas da República.
Perde sua arma destruidora de planetas, em que enfiou quase todos os seus recursos, assim como centenas de milhares de tropas, base e naves.

=>Duas semanas depois, a Galáxia está dominada e a Resistência foge.

=>Todas as naves da resistência, as grandes que gastam bastante combustível, as médias que gastam combustível medianamente e as pequenas que gastam menos combustível ficam sem combustível ao mesmo tempo.

=>Aí, enfiam Donald Trump pra pilotar um gigantesco encouraçado da primeira ordem, o cara só sabe gritar e berrar, não dá nenhuma ordem certa... E é comandante de um encouraçado? Ok.

=>Poe Dameron, o mesmo Poe que podia ter deixado Finn para trás depois de ser liberto, o mesmo Poe que daria sua vida para salvar seus amigos, que deu sua jaqueta para um cara que mal conhecia... Voltou todo feliz depois de dezenas de companheiros dele morrerem numa missão que acabou com toda a frota de bombardeios destruída.

=>Aliás, bombardeiros lentos, sem defesa, com bombas que "caem" no espaço... Isso um ano depois de Rogue One mostrar, na batalha de Scharif, que os rebeldes tinham bombardeiros muito mais rápidos, ágeis e poderosos? Totalmente com sentido.

=>5 minutos depois disso, surge o gigantesco super star destróier de Snoke. Ei, eles não tinham investido seus recursos na Base Starkiller? Como um grupo terrorista teve tanta grana assim pra ter DUAS armas gigantescas em poucos anos?

=>Mais ou menos por aí, Finn, que foi um dos personagens com maior crescimento no filme anterior - de um stormtrooper desertor para um herói relutante para um herói que sacrificaria sua vida pelos seus amigos - começa como... Alívio cômigo? Pior. Ele esqueceu toda a sua evolução no outro filme e volta a ser o stormtrooper desertor? E protagonista da parte mais idiota do filme?

=>Aliás, a mulher que cuida das naves é uma gênio que, sozinha, conseguiu criar um plano para salvar a tropa que os altos oficiais não conseguiram? Se a faxineira deles é esse gênio, imagino o cara que trabalha na cantina... Se tivessem falado com ele, com certeza ele seria um mestre jedi que venceria Snoke, perderam a oportunidade.

=>Antes que diga que a General Feminista de Cabelos Roxos tinha outro plano, esse plano consistia em perder todas as naves que eles tinham para enfrentar a Primeira Ordem. Tipo, "vamos perder toda a nossa vantagem, naves que demoramos décadas para obter, porque não vai ser difícil arrumarmos 10 vezes mais naves pro próximo filme", já que ninguém liga pra coerência.

=>Finn e Rose vão pra um cassino galático que usa crianças como escravas... Crianças como escravas num universo que tem robôs aos milhões? Só pra lacrar? Hoje, compramos um robô de limpeza por 200 dolares. Isso dá 600 reais. Só de comida, vestuário e acomodação, as crianças gastam num ano o suficiente para vários robôs (levando em conta que eles vivem decadas sem recarregar). No cassino, eles soltam animais de corrida dos capitalistas malignos e deixam eles num descampado "Vitória, eles dizem", como se no dia seguinte todos eles não fossem ser capturados de volta. Nem é falta de coerência, é burrice mesmo.

=>Isso que não falamos de Luke Skywalker. Vale lembrar que ele viu uma fagulha de bondade em Darth Vader, acreditou que poderia salvar ele do lado negro... Tipo, Kennobi, Ioda, Leia e Han Solo, todos eles disseram que ninguém que vai para o lado negro pode ser salvo, é algo que nunca aconteceu. Luke foi contra tudo o que mestres jedi e amigos diziam e tentou trazer Darth Vader de volta. O mesmo Darth Vader que havia passado os 30 anos anteriores com o ódio como único combustível, matado velhos amigos e feito coisas terríveis... E conseguiu o impossível, trouxe ele do lado negro. Aí, o sobrinho feio dele tem muito lado negro - mas nunca havia feito nem 1 milésimo do que Vader fez e Luke pensa em matar o guri???? Sério? O personagem esqueceu tudo o que fez antes?

=>Aliás, eu ri quando ele jogou fora a espada, a cena foi engraçada, mas todo o resto dele ser gagá, foi um tapa na cara dos fãs.

Aí, tem o resto do filme, feminismo, lacração, etc... Até Rey vira, como toda feminista, mulher de malandro querendo darficar com o vilão bombado.

=>Logo no final, Finn - o mesmo fim que de co-protagonista virou alívio cômico - finalmente teve sua chance de brilhar. Ele se sacrificaria para impedir que o canhão destruíssa a base rebelde. Todo mundo vibrando. Ia ser agora que o filme seria épico! E vem Rose impede ele de destruir o canhão, com a frase de quinta série "Não temos que lutar contra algo, temos que lutar para salvar o que amamos!" uma linda frase na escola, mas no meio de uma batalha, apenas colocou ambos os dois indefesos nas mãos da Primeira Ordem. De novo, nem falta de coerência é (na verdade, é sim): É burrice!

=>Finalmente, Luke Skywalker vem e enfrenta Kylo Ren. Cara, era aquilo que todos os fãs estavam esperando há anos, Luke Motherfucker Skywalker enfrentando Kylo Ren. Outra vibração. Da primeira foi alarme falso (com Rose destruindo a cena) mas agora era pra valer. Luke Skywalker em todo o seu poder! Não, espera, também não era pra valer, era só uma ilusão... Luke morre porque mandar um faz holográfico pra outro planeta é demais pra ele (Snoke controlava mentes a planetas de distância e era café com leite pra ele) e...

=>Final do filme, descobrimos que um dos guris que era escravo no planeta dos capitalistas, tem poder da força. Mais lacração que isso.

Melhor review do filme até agora...
E só completando...to nem ai pro feminismo (vilões brancos e maus, e os mais altos cargos dos mocinhos são mulheres)... To nem ai pra isso
SE, SE a história fosse boa e fizesse algum sentido. Mas como esse espetacular comentário do quote...o filme é uma falhação atrás da outra, deveria ser APAGADO da cronologia...e de quebra podiam apagar o VII também, que é ruim também (embora o VIII seja 10x pior).

Nicko

O Corretor de Seguros
VIP
GOLD
Reações
Pontos
Esse filme é uma vergonha alheia para a série. Explicação mais preguiçosa e meia bunda é impossível.
Tu percebe a falhação do filme quando depois do lançamento saem artigos, entrevistas e etc tentando justificar as péssimas escolhas feitas...

Star Wars na verdade sempre teve momentos meio...digamos, descartáveis...os ursinhos carinhosos do episódio VI por exemplo...Mas de boas foi até certo ponto tolerável.
O Episódio I tem várias incoerências também, mas beleza...Os outros também tem falhas, normal, sempre tivemos falhas e incoerências.
Todos tiveram falhas. Mas por mais que tivessem falhas, tinham algo a contar, algo que encantou gerações.

Agora a nova trilogia ABUSA de supostas lacrações, que se estivessem lá dando um palco para uma boa história, não teria problema algum.
O problema é que a história é ruim. Pra mim o episódio 7 começou ruim, mas eu imaginei que teria um BOM MOTIVO que explicaria as más decisões do episódio 7, no episódio 8 e no episódio 9....que teriam que ser grandiosos DEMAIS para dar toda a explicação do 7...
Quando assisti o Star Wars Rogue One, me deu uma ponta de esperança (o MELHOR FILME da nova geração disparado).
Mas ai...assisti hoje o episódio 8 que consegue ser PIOR que o 7...ai não tem jeito. Jogaram a franquia na lama e no lixo.

Já estou sem esperanças pro episódio 9...Acho quase impossível dar algum sentido ao rumo tomado.
Ah menos que surja outro vilão overpower que tenha induzido a todos telepaticamente um pesadelo que foi o ocorrido nos últimos filmes...apagando tudo que aconteceu e começando de novo.

Joey Tribbiani

Ei mãe, 500 pontos!
Reações
Pontos
Aposto com voces que no próximo filme, frente às críticas sobre a Rey Mary Sue, o JJ irá escrever um roteiro que justificará toda esta força da Rey Protein.

Eles vão dizer que a Rey tem uma origem similar ao Anakin, como produto de uma concepção milagrosa pela Força, e que o Snoke ou algum Jedi foderoso, treinou-a escondida e depois tirou a memoria dela.

Iron_Sword

Mil pontos, LOL!
Reações
Pontos
Esse filme é uma vergonha alheia para a série. Explicação mais preguiçosa e meia bunda é impossível.

E piora, isso aqui piora muito a situação, uma explicação pior que a outra:

A série de maior sucesso dos últimos tempos, finalmente retornou do seu hiato. E aproveitem, porque o episódio de retorno de Damage Control vai ser um especial com maior duração. :klol

S02E13 - Lançamos a novel de Damage Control. Compre já a sua!

Every Major Reveal From Star Wars: The Last Jedi’s Novelization

Star-Wars-The-Last-Jedi-Teaser-Poster-Rey.jpg

The recently-published novelization of Star Wars: The Last Jedi contains several reveals that enhance our understanding of the film. Released late last year, Episode VIII proved to be one of the most divisive entries in the franchise, unpacking a dense and loaded narrative that fundamentally changed the course of the saga while broadening the mythology and lore. It’s a film people will continue to debate for a long time – at least until Episode IX his theaters and wraps up the sequel trilogy. Arguably, only then will audiences be able to properly evaluate The Last Jedi‘s contributions to the saga.

Given how polarizing The Last Jedi was, there was hope the book would be able to improve upon its more controversial aspects and sway the naysayers back to the light side. Lucasfilm actually billed Jason Fry’s adaptation as an “Expanded Edition” of the movie, as it goes into greater detail than possible in the film medium. With the novel now hitting shelves, we’re taking a look at the biggest revelations within its pages and what it means for canon.

LUKE SKYWALKER’S DREAM

Luke-Skywalker-Mara-Jade.jpg

The book begins with a prologue, depicting Luke dreaming of an alternate life he could have lived if he chose a different path. In this hypothetical reality, he never left Tatooine, giving the droids up to the Empire so he could stay on the Lars family homestead and be a moisture farmer. Luke grew old on the desert world with his wife Camie (a character from A New Hope‘s deleted scenes) by his side, but sometimes wonders how things would have turned out if he took Princess Leia’s pleading message to heart and answered the call. As it stands, the Empire still reigns over the galaxy, having eliminated the Rebellion long ago. When Luke wakes from his sleep on Ahch-To, he realizes this was the Force’s doing and isn’t sure how to interpret it.

A key part of Luke’s arc in the sequel trilogy is the regret he feels over how things turned out, so it isn’t surprising to see him imagining a more peaceful existence where he never learned the harrowing truth about his family, became a Jedi, or failed his own nephew in training. In his youth, Luke was eager to leave Tatooine behind and go on daring adventures, but as an elderly man, his mindset is much different. That he would dream of this adds layers to his character and makes his fall even more depressing.

THE REASON FOR LUKE’S COSTUME CHANGE

forceawakens-hamill-ending.jpg

At the end of The Force Awakens, Rey finds Luke standing atop a cliff on Ahch-To in white Jedi robes, but immediately after rejecting the lightsaber, he goes back to his hut to change into a different outfit. This sudden shift in attire seemed odd, but there’s an in-universe explanation behind it. The robes from Force Awakens are ceremonial Jedi robes that appear to be connected to the ritual of burning down the library with the original Jedi texts. It’s for this reason Luke is back in his Force Awakens clothes during the scene with Yoda.

The book mentions Luke had gone to destroy the library multiple times before, but could never bring himself to do it. In fact, when Rey finds him in Episode VII, Skywalker is brooding after another failed attempt. Despite his feelings that it was time for the Jedi to end, Luke was still sentimental about the Order. This isn’t entirely surprising, seeing that he spent decades on missions with R2-D2 collecting various Jedi artifacts around the galaxy. To burn the library would be burning his life’s work. Yoda, of course, had no such qualms.

LUKE WAS GOING TO GO BACK WITH REY

Mark-Hamill-as-Luke-and-Daisy-Ridley-as-Rey-in-Star-Wars-The-Last-Jedi.jpg

For much of The Last Jedi, Rey fruitlessly tries to convince Luke to rejoin the Resistance and help in the fight against Kylo Ren. But Luke is convinced the galaxy is a better place without him and repeatedly refuses to get involved. In the movie, Skywalker’s change of heart is spurred by Yoda’s final lesson, but in the novel it takes place a little earlier. Luke originally intended to physically leave the island with Rey.

This scene in the book happens shortly after Luke reawakens the Force inside him, and he realizes Rey was right all along. Knowing Leia and the rest of his friends are in grave danger, Luke recognizes the galaxy’s need for a spark of hope and is willing to go back. However, he changes his mind when he sees Rey communicating with Kylo Ren in her hut and the two have their fight. Luke knows what Rey did not. Ben Solo was forever lost, and Rey had to learn things were not going to the way she thought on her own. One has to wonder how Luke’s last stand on Crait would have played out if he left Ahch-To, but that’s something we’ll never know for sure.

A FUNERAL FOR HAN

Harrison-Ford-Han-Solo-The-Force-Awakens.jpg

Audiences bid a tearful farewell to Han Solo in The Forces Awakens. While Last Jedi didn’t have much time to harp on the loss, the novel includes an additional scene where the Resistance holds a memorial service for the late hero. Leia, of course, says some kind words, remarking how Han “hated bullies and injustice”all throughout his life – from his youth on Corellia to his final moments on Starkiller Base. It’s possible this passage contains clues about Han’s characterization in Solo: A Star Wars Story.

It’s becoming more apparent that Han’s tough, roguish exterior was nothing more than a facade. In Solo, he’s far more of an idealist than we’re accustomed to seeing and is out to prove himself in the galactic underworld. He wants to be one of the leading criminal figures, but has too big a heart to fully go down that path. Leia hinted as much in her speech saying, “Han fancied himself a scoundrel. But he wasn’t.” It’ll be interesting to see how Alden Ehrenreich’s version is portrayed.

LEIA’S MEDICAL CONDITION

Leia-Organa-Star-Wars-The-Last-Jedi-The-Force.jpg

The Last Jedi made waves by introducing several new Force powers, and other than Luke’s astral projection, the most notorious was “Leia Poppins.” By now, the image of Leia floating through space is well-known, as the General channeled her Force abilities in a last-ditch effort to stay alive. She stayed in a coma recovering for a good stretch of the film, but viewers didn’t learn much about her condition. The book, however, reveals a little more.

When Poe Dameron goes to check on Leia, C-3PO mentions things about ebullism (formation of gas bubbles in bodily fluids due to reduced environmental pressure), hypoxia (insufficient oxygen reaching tissues), and solar radiation exposure to the pilot. As we know, Leia awoke from her coma and survived the film’s third act, but it will be interesting to see if these effects have anything to do with the character’s absence in Episode IX. Leia was originally meant to be at the forefront of the sequel trilogy finale, but following Carrie Fisher’s passing, those plans changed and J.J. Abrams will have to explain what happened to Leia.

LEIA’S MOMENT WITH CHEWIE

Chewie-and-Leia-Get-Close.jpg

In perhaps the book’s most emotional scene, Leia has a private moment with Chewbacca in the Millennium Falconcockpit. She tells the Wookiee Luke sacrificed himself so the Resistance can live. As Chewie mourns the death of another friend, the grief Leia has been holding inside becomes to much for her to bear. Embracing Chewbacca, Leia finally allows herself a chance to weep for all she’s lost over the years, including Han, Luke, and her son. She would never allow herself to be seen in such a way in front of the Resistance members she’s supposed to lead, but in the company of an old friend, things are different.

The death of Fisher makes this passage much more tragic in our world. Leia’s final words to Chewie are, “It’s just us now, but we’ll find a way.” Of course, Chewie will sadly have to soldier on all on his own, as his trio of faithful companions will all be gone by the time Episode IX picks up. It’s true the lovable Wookiee is close with Rey and knows Finn (plus, Artoo and Treepio will always be there), but there’s no denying it just isn’t the same. In the original trilogy, Luke, Han, Leia, and Chewie became a family, and now there’s only one left.

SUPREME LEADER SNOKE’S BACKSTORY

snoke-smile.jpg

Many fans were perturbed (to say the least) after Rian Johnson made the decision to kill Snoke in The Last Jedi. The character who spawned a million theories and was positioned as an all-powerful antagonist had been brought down in an instant, with very little of his origins revealed onscreen. This was a conscious choice on Johnson’s part, as he felt such things would bog his story down. Where Snoke came from was irrelevant to the larger picture; the Supreme Leader was a red herring to serve Kylo Ren’s personal arc and now has no more part in the story.

But Lucasfilm did craft a backstory for the character, and some of it is revealed in Fry’s book. As hinted at in the Aftermath trilogy, the First Order rose from Emperor Palpatine’s Contingency plan, which he organized for decades. The old Empire set up shipyards, labs, and storehouses in the Unknown Regions in preparation of a possible collapse. Refugees who traveled there after the Battle of Jakku were ill-suited to deal with the horrors they faced, but it was Snoke’s knowledge that saved them. Much like Darth Sidious, Snoke knew of the truths of the Force that existed in the Unknown Regions and used them for his own advantage. His ultimate goal is to reclaim what the Empire lost and build upon their rebuilt foundation.

The book also notes Snoke’s manipulation and exploitation of Ben Solo was what spurred Luke to create a new Jedi Order – the one Ben ultimately destroyed. Originally, Luke was content to search the galaxy for old Jedi artifacts and lore, but the potential power (and danger) of his nephew led him to open the Temple and teach others the ways of the Force.

THE ROLE OF THE SUPREMACY

Star-Wars-the-Last-Jedi-TIE-Silence-and-the-Supremacy-Mega-Star-Destroyer-3.jpg

From the opening sequence of A New Hope, Star Wars villains have always had massive ships, but most everything they’ve had is quite small compared to the Supremacy. That’s because the vehicle isn’t just a new Star Destroyer. It’s a mobile capital for the First Order where everything from soldier armor to ships are constructed. At this point in time, the First Order does not have a singular home base planet of operations (think: the Resistance and D’Qar), but it will be interesting to see how things change now that Kylo Ren is in charge.

Of course, the Supremacy was destroyed thanks to Admiral Holdo’s daring maneuver, but it doesn’t seem like it will be too big a setback for the villains. In the aftermath of the ship’s destruction, General Hux doesn’t seem overtly concerned about the loss, knowing the First Order remains well-resourced. The book frequently hints they could even have more superweapons under construction, so the Resistance remains the underdog.

KNIGHTS OF REN

Knights-of-Ren-in-Star-Wars-The-Force-Awakens.jpg

Ever since their namedrop in The Force Awakens, fans have wanted to learn more about the Knights of Ren. Kylo is said to be their master, but they’ve had virtually nothing to do in the sequel trilogy. The Knights were briefly seen in Rey’s Force vision from Episode VII, and Luke mentions Kylo ran off with a handful of his studentsafter destroying the Temple. Johnson explained they’re not in Star Wars 8because there frankly wasn’t room for them in the movie. But the benefit of the book is that it can flesh out aspects the film necessarily can’t.

The Knights of Ren have a minuscule presence in the book, but it does not sound like they’re aligned with Snoke. An early passage remarks Snoke and Kylo are the only two Force users in the First Order. Snoke also seems fairly unimpressed by the whole “Ren” thing, brushing off the identity as nothing more than a lost Ben seeking wish fulfillment. With Kylo the new Supreme Leader, however, it’s possible he calls on his old allies to serve a role similar to that of the praetorian guards. It would be a wasted opportunity if Episode IX ignored the Knights completely.

MORE INSIGHT INTO GENERAL HUX

Domhnall-Gleeson-as-General-Hux-in-Star-Wars-The-Last-Jedi.jpg

Hux admittedly does not have the biggest part in the new films, acting as a secondary villain who constantly bickers with Kylo Ren. The Last Jedi used him mainly for comic relief, but Fry is given an opportunity to flesh the character out a bit to make him more well-rounded. Hux does not consider Snoke or Kylo Ren to be the ruler the First Order needs to thrive and fancies himself as a prospective Supreme Leader. Hux’s sentiments about Snoke were shared by others, who felt Gallius Rax, Rae Sloane, or even Hux’s father Brendol would have been a preferred option at the top.

Speaking of Brendol, he’s partially the reason Kylo keeps Hux so close during the battle on Crait. Hux gained notoriety for removing anyone who stood in his way, including his own father (sound familiar, Kylo?). Kylo is afraid of being betrayed by Hux on Crait, so he’s not letting the general out of his sight. Kylo also sees Crait as an opportunity to remind his subordinates who’s in charge.

Additionally, Hux’s stormtrooper training program is described as a combination of the old Jedi Order and Republic Clone Trooper methods, plucking precarious youngsters from birth and training them for battle. He views his army as the Jedi’s lasting legacy, which makes him smile.

KYLO REN BACKSTORY DETAILS

Adam-Driver-Kylo-Ren-Scar-Star-Wars-The-Last-Jedi.jpg

Not much is known about Ben Solo’s youth, but the Last Jedi novelization provides more clues concerning his turn to the dark side. There’s a section where Kylo recalls overhearing conversations Han and Leia had about their son’s burgeoning power, speaking of him as if he was a monster and not their child. Because they were scared of his potential, they shipped him away with Luke, and things were never the same again.

Through the flashbacks, The Last Jedi went a long way in shaping Kylo as a sympathetic antagonist. Based on the information presented in the film and book, it’s easy to see why Ben would turn. Luke, his uncle and teacher, betrayed him (if only for a fleeting moment) and his parents were too “weak” to deal with the situation. He really had no choice but to find a different path to follow. Kylo says to Rey in the novelization he didn’t hate his parents, but it’s clear he was disappointed in them. It makes sense he would want to let the past die.

KYLO AND LEIA’S FORCE CONNECTION

Leia-Kylo-Ren-Star-Wars-The-Last-Jedi.jpg

One of the standout moments in the film is a part where Kylo and Leia connect through the Force, as Kylo targets the Resistance flagship. The former Ben Solo cannot bring himself to kill his mother, and he takes his hand off the trigger. In the movie, it’s clear the two are sensing each other’s feelings, and the book elaborates on this scene. The text reveals Kylo sees Leia is worried for him and desperately wants him to come back to her. This is why he couldn’t go through with the action of ending her life. After another First Order pilot fires at the Raddus, Fry writes, “If he [Kylo]had known, he could have stopped the torpedo,” suggesting he would have tried to save Leia. This is very different from his experience with Han and his pure hatred for Luke.

Unfortunately, this is the closest to an interaction between Kylo and Leia we’ll see onscreen. It will be interesting to see how Ben reacts to the loss of his mother in Episode IX, but it will no doubt make him quite emotional. Murdering Han split his spirit to the bone, after all. If Lucasfilm uses solar radiation poisoning as Leia’s cause of death, Kylo could even feel responsible for what happened.

REYLO HINTS

Adam-Driver-as-Kylo-Ren-and-Daisy-Ridley-as-Rey-in-Star-Wars-The-Last-Jedi.jpg

In the age of fans ‘shipping their favorite pop culture characters, one notable pairing to gain traction is “Reylo,” which imagines a romantic relationship between Rey and Kylo. The Last Jedi largely eschewed a love story element, but it does toy with the notion of something being there. The duo’s Force Skype talks are laced with sexual tension, particularly towards the end when they touch hands. Since the book can provide further insight into the characters’ minds, people were on the search for Reylo clues.

After Rey’s incident in the Ahch-To cave, she feels immense relief when she sees Kylo and can confide in him about what happened. Later, during their ride to Snoke’s throne room, Rey senses Kylo’s “churning emotions” are about her, and Kylo silently pleads with Snoke to stop torturing Rey. Lastly, when Kylo awakes after the fight with the guards and realizes Rey left him alive, he notes it was “almost as if she cared for him.” The book never gets more explicit than that, but it does indicate there might have been some romantic feelings.

Any interest has likely passed by the end of The Last Jedi. Kylo swears to Luke he will destroy Rey (saying her name “like it was poison”), and Rey breaks the connection they had when she closes the Falcon ramp. In that moment, Kylo notices Rey’s eyes aren’t filled with hatred, but don’t have compassion either.

REY CONTEMPLATED KILLING KYLO REN

Star-Wars-The-Last-Jedi-Rey-and-Kylo-Snoke-Throne-Room-battle-photo-Disney-Lucasfilm.jpg

Rey had a chance to kill her enemy in The Force Awakens, and apparently another one presented itself in The Last Jedi. While waiting for Chewie after escaping the throne room, Rey thinks over her decision to not murder the unconscious Kylo Ren before leaving. She opted not to do it because the future is a “range of possibilities” and she did not want to repeat the same mistakes Luke made. As part of her training, Rey learned the Force is so much bigger than she thought, and people like her and Kylo are its instruments – not the other way around. Since “the Force wasn’t finished” with Kylo, she chose to let the will of the Force play out.

With Episode IX positioned not just as the end of the sequel trilogy, but the entire Skywalker saga, the conflict between Rey and Kylo will have to be resolved some way. Many are expecting the two to have another duel, though Last Jedibroke tradition and did not have a typical lightsaber battle. Perhaps J.J. Abrams has some tricks up his sleeve and he’ll find a more creative way to end this thread, since it sounds like Rey isn’t too keen on killing Kylo herself. Things could change between now and Star Wars 9, however.

ROSE’S ROMANCE WITH FINN

Rose-and-Finn-on-Canto-Bight.jpg

After spending most of Force Awakens with Rey, Finn got a new friend in Rose during Last Jedi as they go on a secret mission for Poe. Though they meet under less than ideal circumstances (with Finn attempting to run away), they grow close over the course of their adventure. Finn and Rose shared a small kiss on Crait, and the book hints at the full scope of Rose’s feelings for the former stormtrooper.

One line in the novel notes Rose thinks Finn is “handsome,” but is turned off by the “weird traitor thing.” Considering Finn’s past as a First Order deserter, Rose is quite fascinated with him and views him as a galactic hero. It’s also mentioned throughout the book Rose is tired of hearing Finn wax on about Rey, perhaps harboring some feelings of jealousy towards the scavenger. Unfortunately for Rose, if John Boyega had his way, Finn would end up with Rey, but it’s all going to depend on what Abrams wants to do.

MORE DETAILS ON MAZ KANATA

Maz-Kanata-Star-Wars-The-Force-Awakens.jpg

Outside of Captain Phasma, it’s difficult to find a worse character in the sequel trilogy than Maz Kanata. This is not an indictment on actress Lupita Nyong’o, but a commentary on how the filmmakers have implemented her. It doesn’t help matters Maz is at the forefront of a clunky second act in The Force Awakens, and her hologram scene is one of the worst in Last Jedi by far. Abrams and Johnson seem to be at a loss of what to do with her, and it’s unknown if she’ll be back for Episode IX. Fortunately, non-movie canon is here to add a little more to Maz.

Prior to her conversation with Finn, Poe, and Rose, the novel mentions Maz has endured 67 injuries, 22 of which were considered life-threatening. She has gone through a plethora of treatments and remains on her feet after a millennium of life. Author Fry doesn’t expand beyond that, but it certainly fleshes Maz out more than her cinematic appearances have, and may actually make fans more interested in her endeavors. Her various exploits would be ideal for a comic series or another novel. It would be a great way to salvage what could have been a very interesting character.

R2-D2’S SECRET RELATIONSHIP WITH THE FALCON

Luke-Skywalker-and-R2-D2-Force-Awakens.jpg

For many Star Wars fans, the Millennium Falcon is as much a character as Darth Vader or Han Solo. The ship has been front and center during some of the saga’s biggest moments and is one of the most popular images in all of pop culture. Dating back to The Empire Strikes Back, Lucasfilm has given the Falcon some personality, with Threepio noting its peculiar dialect. But Fry takes things one step further in his book.

Towards the end while R2-D2 is scanning the Crait surface for the surviving Resistance members, the text details his relationship with the “cantankerous” Falcon. In a surprising revelation, it’s revealed the ship has a taste for “romantic gossip and dirty jokes,” which Artoo is happy to provide. It’s for that reason he gets along with the Falcon, but the prim and proper Threepio does not. This is something to keep in mind next time you watch Artoo fix the ship’s hyperdrive in Empire.

With the Falcon having specific traits like this, it’s caused some fans to wonder if L3-37, Lando Calrissian’s droid companion in Solo, actually is the Falcon, uploading her consciousness to the ship’s mainframe. If that turns out true, that would only make the Falcon‘s possible destruction in Episode IX more harrowing.

REBEL ALLIANCE SECRETS

Star-Wars-the-Last-Jedi-Crait-Resistance-Ski-Speeders.jpg

Crait plays a key role in The Last Jedi and is a very important planet in Star Warscanon. As revealed in Claudia Gray’s Leianovel, it was the home of an old Rebellion base, which is why the Resistance seeks shelter there while on the run from the First Order. Of course, the Alliance had to keep their presence there a secret, and even after the fall of the Empire, their leaders found that old habits died hard.

Following the Galactic Civil War, the Rebels turned over their military secrets to the New Republic, but key figures like Leia and Admiral Ackbar decided to keep a few things close to the chest. This was a necessary measure in the case of future disaster. The Alliance veterans stashed files in navicomputers that contained hyperspace routes and the location of Rebel safeworlds, like Crait.

A CARETAKER’S LIFE

The-Caretakers-in-Star-Wars-The-Last-Jedi.jpg

Fry gives The Last Jedi an epilogue set on Ahch-To, told from the perspective of a Caretaker. It fleshes out the nun-like aliens, revealing it is their responsibility to aid visitors in any way they can, such as cooking meals and cleaning clothes. There is always a head matron to take care of these tasks, and eventually the matron passes the title down to their daughter. Luke was a different kind of visitor to Ahch-To, arriving with artifacts presumably taken from the planet long ago. Skywalker insisted on doing everything himself and had a nice relationship with the Caretakers. He learned their language and their traditions, taking part in the Festival of Return each month during his exile.

Of course, by the end of The Last Jedi, Ahch-To has no more outside guests. Rey left on the Falcon with Chewie and Artoo, while Luke became one with the Force. The Caretakers gathered Luke’s belongings and stored them in a repository with other objects they’ve amassed over generations. The book mentions other visitors on Ahch-To either leapt to their death into the water or allowed the Force to take them.

Fonte
Divirtam-se destrinchando essa m****. :klol

E alguém pode pedir pro autor do artigo tirar a Mara Jade dessas imagens? Uma personagem tão foda não merece ser misturada com esse lixo.

Nem li tudo, chegou num ponto que desisti e fui pulando e lendo por cima as explicações, era melhor não terem explicado nada.

Mega_X

Ei mãe, 500 pontos!
Reações
Pontos
Aposto com voces que no próximo filme, frente às críticas sobre a Rey Mary Sue, o JJ irá escrever um roteiro que justificará toda esta força da Rey Protein.

Eles vão dizer que a Rey tem uma origem similar ao Anakin, como produto de uma concepção milagrosa pela Força, e que o Snoke ou algum Jedi foderoso, treinou-a escondida e depois tirou a memoria dela.

Queria que algum Jedi poderoso tirasse a memória do filme da minha cabeça.

Topo Fundo