O que há de Novo?
Fórum Outer Space - O maior fórum de games do Brasil

Registre uma conta gratuita hoje para se tornar um membro! Uma vez conectado, você poderá participar neste site adicionando seus próprios tópicos e postagens, além de se conectar com outros membros por meio de sua própria caixa de entrada privada!

• Anunciando os planos GOLD no Fórum Outer Space
    Visitante, agora você pode ajudar o Fórum Outer Space e receber alguns recursos exclusivos, incluindo navegação sem anúncios e dois temas exclusivos. Veja os detalhes aqui.

[Mídias] Quem lacra, não lucra.

Mestre Viril

Mil pontos, LOL!
Reações
Pontos
Que p0rra é esta?

Vcs que não entenderam, ela usou o perk jedi da disney de girl boss X5 + retarded plot armor, aí por um milésimo de segundo, o Storm Trooper teve que desviar dela pra não desintegrar e no seguinte ele ficou cego diante de tanta luz e perfeição feminina, o que o impediu de atirar e acertar a distância de um palmo.

Ultima Edição:

Bloodstained

Mil pontos, LOL!
Reações
Pontos

‘Doctor Who’ Actor Ncuti Gatwa Asserts “White Mediocrity” Gets Celebrated While Black People Have “To Be Absolutely Flawless To Get Half Of That”

Doctor-Who-1.png

Ncuti Gatwa as the 15th Doctor and Millie Gibson as Ruby Sunday in Doctor Who Christmas Special "The Church on Ruby Road" (2023), BBC

Ncuti Gatwa, who plays the 15th Doctor in Doctor Who, asserted that “white mediocrity” gets celebrated while black people have to be flawless to get even half of the celebration that white people do.

Gatwa’s comments came in an interview with Attitude while discussing his recent performance at the Oscars, a new relationship he had formed, and some personal growth he was growing through.

After discussing how nervous he was at the Oscars and sharing how he does not date people in the acting industry, and noting that he’s trying to have more perspective regarding the blessings in his life, Gatwa was asked, “Did you feel you were ready to open yourself up to that relationship because of the work you had been doing with yourself? That perhaps you wouldn’t have allowed them in before?”

He answered, “Yes. I was very, very emotionally avoidant. I strictly emotionally avoided everything my whole twenties. I was catching up with my sister the other day, and I was like, ‘I think from the way that we were raised, I think we were taught that we have to earn love.’ Instead of it being an unconditional thing or that being an unconditional entity. I’m not saying it is that. I don’t know whether that comes from that African upbringing, that strict upbringing: get your grades, get into a good uni, become a doctor, become a lawyer. Start overachieving. It was like you have to prove why you’re lovable. We’re trained to be like, ‘If I’m not exceptional, I won’t be loved.’ Certainly, I think that was my thing. So, yeah, I think I’m just learning now like, ‘Oh, you are allowed to be loved,'” he continued.

Next, he made it racial, “You don’t have to be excellent or aspire to that term, ‘black excellence’. What the hell? There’s so much white mediocrity that gets celebrated, and black people, we have to be absolutely flawless to get half of [that] anyway. So, I’m slowly training myself out of that and being like, ‘No s**t. You deserve love just for existing.’ And that has taught me to be a lot more loving as well, in a weird way,” he concluded.

Not only did Gatwa claim white mediocrity is celebrated while black people have to be flawless to achieve half of the celebration that he believes white mediocrity gets, but he also claimed that “microaggressions exist everywhere” when asked about the last time he experienced racism or homophobia.

Gatwa claimed, “I’d say that is a daily thing. You pick and choose what things you’ll allow to stick with you, to affect you, or to say something about. Homophobia, I don’t know — other than my own internalised homophobia that I’m working through in therapy — not for a little while.”

He elaborated on this “internalized homophobia” saying, “I didn’t really realise I had any internalised phobia until I came into the public eye. I always thought that I was the most free-spirited person. No one could tell me what to do. I do whatever I want. Until I came into the public eye [and] I was like, ‘Oh, I don’t know.’ It is an ever-evolving journey. ”

Gatwa was also asked about the push to normalize disordered lifestyles such as gender diversity and transgender ideololgy and the righteous pushback against this normalization.

He said, “Everything trickles down from the top, and when you see politicians openly attacking marginalised communities, when you see our politicians openly attacking trans people, it makes it OK for everyone else. And it is scary to see that we’ve got to a point where it is fine to attack vulnerable people because that’s essentially what’s happening. People who are the most vulnerable, the most disenfranchised, most disconnected from everyone else are being told that they are the threats. It’s sick because it’s a hiding away of your own ineptitude,” he continued.

Gatwa went on, “You’re going to put the blame on immigrants, black and brown people, trans people, queer people, to hide the fact that you are not doing anything for people? It’s easier to just create discord amongst people. It’s divide and conquer, isn’t it?”

Ironically, Gatwa does not realize that he and his allies are the ones creating discord given they are rejecting God through the embrace of their disordered lifestyles. [...]

Fonte
==============================================================================================

attention-victim.gif

Lord_Revan

Lenda da internet
Reações
Pontos

‘Doctor Who’ Actor Ncuti Gatwa Asserts “White Mediocrity” Gets Celebrated While Black People Have “To Be Absolutely Flawless To Get Half Of That”

Doctor-Who-1.png

Ncuti Gatwa as the 15th Doctor and Millie Gibson as Ruby Sunday in Doctor Who Christmas Special "The Church on Ruby Road" (2023), BBC

Ncuti Gatwa, who plays the 15th Doctor in Doctor Who, asserted that “white mediocrity” gets celebrated while black people have to be flawless to get even half of the celebration that white people do.

Gatwa’s comments came in an interview with Attitude while discussing his recent performance at the Oscars, a new relationship he had formed, and some personal growth he was growing through.

After discussing how nervous he was at the Oscars and sharing how he does not date people in the acting industry, and noting that he’s trying to have more perspective regarding the blessings in his life, Gatwa was asked, “Did you feel you were ready to open yourself up to that relationship because of the work you had been doing with yourself? That perhaps you wouldn’t have allowed them in before?”

He answered, “Yes. I was very, very emotionally avoidant. I strictly emotionally avoided everything my whole twenties. I was catching up with my sister the other day, and I was like, ‘I think from the way that we were raised, I think we were taught that we have to earn love.’ Instead of it being an unconditional thing or that being an unconditional entity. I’m not saying it is that. I don’t know whether that comes from that African upbringing, that strict upbringing: get your grades, get into a good uni, become a doctor, become a lawyer. Start overachieving. It was like you have to prove why you’re lovable. We’re trained to be like, ‘If I’m not exceptional, I won’t be loved.’ Certainly, I think that was my thing. So, yeah, I think I’m just learning now like, ‘Oh, you are allowed to be loved,'” he continued.

Next, he made it racial, “You don’t have to be excellent or aspire to that term, ‘black excellence’. What the hell? There’s so much white mediocrity that gets celebrated, and black people, we have to be absolutely flawless to get half of [that] anyway. So, I’m slowly training myself out of that and being like, ‘No s**t. You deserve love just for existing.’ And that has taught me to be a lot more loving as well, in a weird way,” he concluded.

Not only did Gatwa claim white mediocrity is celebrated while black people have to be flawless to achieve half of the celebration that he believes white mediocrity gets, but he also claimed that “microaggressions exist everywhere” when asked about the last time he experienced racism or homophobia.

Gatwa claimed, “I’d say that is a daily thing. You pick and choose what things you’ll allow to stick with you, to affect you, or to say something about. Homophobia, I don’t know — other than my own internalised homophobia that I’m working through in therapy — not for a little while.”

He elaborated on this “internalized homophobia” saying, “I didn’t really realise I had any internalised phobia until I came into the public eye. I always thought that I was the most free-spirited person. No one could tell me what to do. I do whatever I want. Until I came into the public eye [and] I was like, ‘Oh, I don’t know.’ It is an ever-evolving journey. ”

Gatwa was also asked about the push to normalize disordered lifestyles such as gender diversity and transgender ideololgy and the righteous pushback against this normalization.

He said, “Everything trickles down from the top, and when you see politicians openly attacking marginalised communities, when you see our politicians openly attacking trans people, it makes it OK for everyone else. And it is scary to see that we’ve got to a point where it is fine to attack vulnerable people because that’s essentially what’s happening. People who are the most vulnerable, the most disenfranchised, most disconnected from everyone else are being told that they are the threats. It’s sick because it’s a hiding away of your own ineptitude,” he continued.

Gatwa went on, “You’re going to put the blame on immigrants, black and brown people, trans people, queer people, to hide the fact that you are not doing anything for people? It’s easier to just create discord amongst people. It’s divide and conquer, isn’t it?”

Ironically, Gatwa does not realize that he and his allies are the ones creating discord given they are rejecting God through the embrace of their disordered lifestyles. [...]

Fonte
==============================================================================================

attention-victim.gif

O que eu leio...
"O mediocre dos outros é melhor do que o meu melhor, então é claro que a culpa é do racismo"

Bloodstained

Mil pontos, LOL!
Reações
Pontos

Forget South Park, Lucasfilm's Kathleen Kennedy Is No "Woke Warrior" Insists Industry Insider

Lucasfilm boss Kathleen Kennedy is often criticized as some kind of "woke warrior," but Hollywood industry insider Matthew Beloni insists she isn't

Hollywood industry insider Matthew Beloni has insisted Lucasfilm boss Kathleen Kennedy, often a subject of criticism in the Star Wars fandom, is no "woke warrior." Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy has come in for heavy criticism in some corners of the Star Wars fandom, considered responsible for supposedly "woke" Disney projects. Even South Park mocked Kathleen Kennedy, in a special called "Joining the Panderverse."

Now, Hollywood industry insider Matthew Beloni has directly addressed these claims, which he insists aren't accurate. As he explains on his The Town podcast:

"But Kathleen Kennedy is not... That whole 'South Park' thing was... It was funny, but it wasn't accurate. Within Disney, she's not known as the 'woke warrior.' She kind of has to be convinced, from everything I've been told, she kind of has to be convinced to do this stuff."

It must be noted that Beloni is no fan of Kennedy, but in his view this whole argument is a nonsense. As he notes, there has never been a female director of a Star Wars movie - including in the Disney era. "I don't think she's gone overboard on the diversity stuff," Beloni insists.

Has Star Wars Become "Woke?"​

It's a popular criticism - but what does it actually mean?

In truth, it's difficult to evaluate whether Star Wars is truly "woke" under Kennedy. It doesn't help that the term is infamously difficult to pin down, and often seems to be a way of complaining against surface-level changes that some viewers object to - most notably a focus on female protagonists, people of color, and LGBTQI+ representation. For all that's the case, though, the diversity that has been seen of late is surprisingly limited. Daisy Ridley may star in the sequels, but almost all other major Star Wars sequel trilogy characters are male, and so were the two directors.

The same pattern can be seen on the various Disney+ TV shows. The Mandalorian is centered around a male character (who is set to star in the upcoming Star Wars movieThe Mandalorian & Grogu), Obi-Wan Kenobi brought back male actors Ewan McGregor and Hayden Christensen, while Andor stars Diego Luna's Cassian Andor. Nods to LGBTQI+ plots have often been a matter of audience perception rather than reality, with the popular Sabine Wren / Shin Hati ship from Ahsoka seeming to be a surprise to showrunner Dave Filoni.

The reality is probably a little more prosaic than many critical parts of the fanbase believe; that Kennedy is willing to embrace "woke" messaging when it fits the story and she believes it will help an individual movie or TV show. But this is carefully balanced against business interests; it's no coincidence transgender clone troopers have only been mentioned in tie-in novels, not movies or TV shows, while Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker's lesbian kiss was in the background and easy to cut for certain territories. Lucasfilm is, fundamentally, a business - and Kennedy is a businesswoman.

The Acolyte Will Put The "Woke Warrior" Claim To The Test​

What will Leslye Headland's Disney+ TV show be like?​

The next Star Wars Disney+ TV show, The Acolyte, will be an interesting test-case. The Acolyte showrunner Leslyle Headland is intensely controversial, but the quotes that have generated an online furor have often been ripped out of context, making it seem as though she's largely under attack simply because she is a queer woman running a Star Wars TV show. In one case, portions of the Star Wars fanbase reacted against Headland claiming the show was LGBTQI+-friendly - when she simultaneously said she was inspired by the relationship between siblings Anna and Elsa in Frozen.

Given this is the case, it wouldn't be surprising if Star Wars' "wokeness" really does lie in the eye of the beholder. The Acolyte will probably prove things one way or another, because Headland does seem to be the most willing to embrace the kind of identity politics often described as "woke," but there's currently no evidence those will be found in The Acolyte. Viewers will be able to make up their own minds - or watch the online fireworks - when the show debuts on June 5.

Fonte

83ba8427-3b4b-4cfd-97f1-bce4ba723b95_text.gif

O que eu leio...
"O mediocre dos outros é melhor do que o meu melhor, então é claro que a culpa é do racismo"
Levando em conta que ele foi contratado justamente pelo fato de ser negro (e não por mérito), não deveria se surpreender com a mediocridade alheia ser superior ao seu melhor. Contratações realizadas por motivos ideológicos não costumam ser conhecidas por sua competência. Só estão lá para render pontos de diversidade para o contratante.

Ele sabe que é uma contratação diversificada e o mero fato de ter chorado a respeito de racismo comprova isso. Está representando direitinho o papel de minoria oprimida, exatamente como é pregado na agenda progressista. Está sendo uma cadelinha hollywoodiana e recebendo uma grana fodida no processo. Onde está o racismo que o impediu de se tornar um negro milionário? Ninguém sabe, ninguém viu. :kclassic

Ultima Edição:

Monogo

Mil pontos, LOL!
Reações
Pontos

Forget South Park, Lucasfilm's Kathleen Kennedy Is No "Woke Warrior" Insists Industry Insider

Lucasfilm boss Kathleen Kennedy is often criticized as some kind of "woke warrior," but Hollywood industry insider Matthew Beloni insists she isn't

Hollywood industry insider Matthew Beloni has insisted Lucasfilm boss Kathleen Kennedy, often a subject of criticism in the Star Wars fandom, is no "woke warrior." Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy has come in for heavy criticism in some corners of the Star Wars fandom, considered responsible for supposedly "woke" Disney projects. Even South Park mocked Kathleen Kennedy, in a special called "Joining the Panderverse."

Now, Hollywood industry insider Matthew Beloni has directly addressed these claims, which he insists aren't accurate. As he explains on his The Town podcast:

It must be noted that Beloni is no fan of Kennedy, but in his view this whole argument is a nonsense. As he notes, there has never been a female director of a Star Wars movie - including in the Disney era. "I don't think she's gone overboard on the diversity stuff," Beloni insists.

Has Star Wars Become "Woke?"​

It's a popular criticism - but what does it actually mean?

In truth, it's difficult to evaluate whether Star Wars is truly "woke" under Kennedy. It doesn't help that the term is infamously difficult to pin down, and often seems to be a way of complaining against surface-level changes that some viewers object to - most notably a focus on female protagonists, people of color, and LGBTQI+ representation. For all that's the case, though, the diversity that has been seen of late is surprisingly limited. Daisy Ridley may star in the sequels, but almost all other major Star Wars sequel trilogy characters are male, and so were the two directors.

The same pattern can be seen on the various Disney+ TV shows. The Mandalorian is centered around a male character (who is set to star in the upcoming Star Wars movieThe Mandalorian & Grogu), Obi-Wan Kenobi brought back male actors Ewan McGregor and Hayden Christensen, while Andor stars Diego Luna's Cassian Andor. Nods to LGBTQI+ plots have often been a matter of audience perception rather than reality, with the popular Sabine Wren / Shin Hati ship from Ahsoka seeming to be a surprise to showrunner Dave Filoni.

The reality is probably a little more prosaic than many critical parts of the fanbase believe; that Kennedy is willing to embrace "woke" messaging when it fits the story and she believes it will help an individual movie or TV show. But this is carefully balanced against business interests; it's no coincidence transgender clone troopers have only been mentioned in tie-in novels, not movies or TV shows, while Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker's lesbian kiss was in the background and easy to cut for certain territories. Lucasfilm is, fundamentally, a business - and Kennedy is a businesswoman.

The Acolyte Will Put The "Woke Warrior" Claim To The Test​

What will Leslye Headland's Disney+ TV show be like?​

The next Star Wars Disney+ TV show, The Acolyte, will be an interesting test-case. The Acolyte showrunner Leslyle Headland is intensely controversial, but the quotes that have generated an online furor have often been ripped out of context, making it seem as though she's largely under attack simply because she is a queer woman running a Star Wars TV show. In one case, portions of the Star Wars fanbase reacted against Headland claiming the show was LGBTQI+-friendly - when she simultaneously said she was inspired by the relationship between siblings Anna and Elsa in Frozen.

Given this is the case, it wouldn't be surprising if Star Wars' "wokeness" really does lie in the eye of the beholder. The Acolyte will probably prove things one way or another, because Headland does seem to be the most willing to embrace the kind of identity politics often described as "woke," but there's currently no evidence those will be found in The Acolyte. Viewers will be able to make up their own minds - or watch the online fireworks - when the show debuts on June 5.

Fonte

83ba8427-3b4b-4cfd-97f1-bce4ba723b95_text.gif

Levando em conta que ele foi contratado justamente pelo fato de ser negro (e não por mérito), não deveria se surpreender com a mediocridade alheia ser superior ao seu melhor. Contratações realizadas por motivos ideológicos não costumam ser conhecidas por sua competência. Só estão lá para render pontos de diversidade para o contratante.

Ele sabe que é uma contratação diversificada e o mero fato de ter chorando a respeito de racismo comprova isso. Está representando direitinho o papel de minoria oprimida, exatamente como é pregado na agenda progressista. Está sendo uma cadelinha hollywoodiana e recebendo uma grana fodida no processo. Onde está o racismo que o impediu de se tornar um negro milionário? Ninguém sabe, ninguém viu. :kclassic

A gente sabe que existem pessoas talentosas na área, que se limitaram por conta da Lacração.
E qnd esse mane diz que o problema da Kathleen nao e a lacração, tudo sobra apenas por pura incompetência.

Pra mim não passa de pura incompetência, com uma camada de diversidade pra blindagem de críticas.

Bering

Bam-bam-bam
Reações
Pontos
Deus me perdoe.:klol

Que p0rra é esta?

É uma das cenas ridículas do Ashota, todas as cenas contra os strumers troopers remendados são de doer.
A mulher não sabe se tem a força mas quando precisa ela aparece.

Tem uma cena que só para ela usar o sabre o cara luta na mão contra 50 strumers trupers com blaster, está certo que eles são todos cegos em todos filmes e séries, mas nessa série são retardados e até morto-vivo. :kkk

Cena de luta nessa série no máximo as mano a mano são suportáveis e olhe lá.

Astrus Maximus

Habitué da casa
Reações
Pontos
Pior que nem vi essa porra, toda essa parte da Tempestade eu passei pra frente :klolwtf

Also, vi um vídeo sobre a treta do Warhammer 40k e não sabia que o negócio estava tão grave na fanbase. Todo mundo que eu conheço que curte Warhammer (quase ninguém) é extremamente beta cuck, o tipo de caras que aceitam qualquer coisa se for pra agradar a mulherada. Sinceramente, foi uma surpresa.
O pessoal gosta de manter o lore. É mais importante que moda passageira.

Aí, o povinho de cabelo azul quer entrar, é bem recebido e depois quer que os outros se adequem a eles.

Bloodstained

Mil pontos, LOL!
Reações
Pontos

‘Naruto’ And ‘Bleach’ Anime Studio President Rejects Idea That Anime Should Conform To Western Standards: “If You Make Animation With That In Mind, It Will Become Increasingly Boring”

In adding his voice to the increasing number of Japanese creatives who have found themselves unhappy with the ever-growing demands that their works be altered in order to accommodate Western sociopolitical standards, anime production studio Pierrot Co. Ltd. President and CEO Michiyuki Honma has warned that, should his respective medium change its core identity in order to attract overseas audiences, the results will “become increasingly boring”.

Honma, who during his thus-far tenure at the studio has overseen the production of such anime series as Bleach/Bleach: Thousand Year-Blood War, Naruto/Naruto: Shippuden/Boruto: Naruto Next Generations, and Kingdom, offered his thoughts on this hot topic while speaking with Japanese entertainment news outlet Comic Natalie for their anime studio-staff centric interview series, Anime Studio Chronicle.

Eventually turning to reflect on how popular the aforementioned Naruto trilogy has been with overseas viewers – at current, roughly 30% of Studio Pierrot’s video sales come from overseas audiences, with the trio of series and their related films being by far their best sellers – the studio boss asserted, “I am endlessly grateful to have had the opportunity to meet and produce a great work that will become a long-term series that will last for years. However, it is difficult to make a work that will be popular overseas or that will become a long-term series.”

To this end, Honma explained, “Of course, you can aim for the top half, but if you make animation with that in mind, it will become increasingly boring. We don’t make characters smoke in order to take some series overseas,” he continued. “We have to make the violence a little less violent, and avoid sexy expressions. If Japanese animation is bound by such restrictions on expression, there is no way that people overseas will want to watch it.”

Drawing his thoughts to a close, Honma ultimately affirmed, “Works that are a hit in Japan are also a hit overseas. I believe that we must not make the mistake of approaching anime production in the wrong way.”

As noted above, Honma is (thankfully) far from the first Japanese creator to speak out against the ongoing attempt by Western audiences to force the Eastern country’s various entertainment mediums to appeal to their own tastes and sensibilities.

Asked during an April interview with video game news outlet Automaton if he was taking “care not to let your series’ identity become Westernized”, current Mana series producer Masaru Oyamada declared, “I think the visuals of the Mana games are a distinctive characteristic, therefore it is best to deliver the game based on the developers’ creative vision. For example, there are many different types of characters in the Mana series,” he said. “I think the fun of the game is encountering this mysterious world and its inhabitants and because of that, we don’t have a strong focus on a particular audience. However, we do work on the game while bearing in mind that the Mana series is loved by fans from all over the world.”

Weighing in on the discourse surrounding the heavily altered localization seen in the English release of Vanillaware’s Unicorn Overlord, Final Fantasy Tactics director Yasumiu Matsuno opined: “I believe that it is unacceptable for someone to alter a work without considering the original author’s intent. However, when the market or language is different, a direct translation may not convey the intended meaning accurately. This is especially true for humor. Therefore, I think some degree of alteration is unavoidable. The issue lies in whether the original author has consented to these alterations. Has anyone confirmed whether the author of Unicorn Overlord has approved its English translation?” he then posited. “In any case, I think both arguments have merit: translating faithfully to the original and allowing some degree of adaptation. I encourage discussion on this matter, as I do not intend to take sides. However, if the original author approves, I believe that should be respected. That’s all.”

Fonte
adbc199a37fac324e2b4bb26b5609fe5.gif

Bloodstained

Mil pontos, LOL!
Reações
Pontos

Amidst Continued Business Struggles, Hasbro Signs Licensing Agreement Allowing Playmates To Make New ‘Power Rangers’ Toys

As if things couldn’t get any more rocky for the embattled company, amidst their continued struggles to turn a profit from their toy division, Hasbro has agreed to a new licensing deal with fellow toy manufacturer Playmates to allow the latter to produce a new “reimagination” of the Power Rangers toy line.

First revealed to the public by Hasbro in an April 22nd press release, this new agreement grants the Hong Kong-based Playmates the rights “to develop additional cross-category POWER RANGERS products, including action figures, blasters, plush, role play, vehicles and accessories” as well as “global distribution across all regions excluding Asia.”

Playmates’ first release, a “kid-targeted” collection of items based on (unsurprisingly) the Mighty Morphin‘ incarnation of the titular team, is currently on track to release in 2025.

“We are honored to work with Hasbro on the reimagination of this iconic franchise’s toy line for long time fans and a new generation of children,” proclaimed Playmates SVP of Marketing Karl Aaronian in response to the news. “Playmates and Hasbro speak the same toy language and share a passion for POWER RANGERS, a multi-generational phenomenon that has stood the test of time.”

Meanwhile, Hasbro themselves will “retain all entertainment rights and will continue to drive global strategy and growth for the POWER RANGERS franchise by strategically working with licensees across multiple categories, including publishing, fashion and footwear, promotions and more.”

“Playmates’ ability to interpret character-based story telling in highly detailed, innovative, and affordable products has revitalized several iconic brands, they are the perfect fit to fully expand the POWER RANGERS franchise,” praised Hasbro President of Licensed Consumer Products Casey Collins. “While we’ll continue to provide oversight and direction on future POWER RANGERS product ranges, Playmates will leverage its action figure and accessory design, development and marketing expertise to create an entirely new play and collecting experience for fans of all ages. With two powerhouse companies coming together to support a powerhouse brand, the potential is limitless!”

Unfortunately for collectors of the specific line, Hasbro has not yet offered any word as to whether or not this new deal will affect the continued production the Power Rangers Lightning Collection figures. However, in light of the series having reportedly been put on ‘hiatus’ by Hasbro, the odds of its survival are, sadly, not looking great.

Notably, this disappointing decision for fans – the quality of Playmates’ output is objectively and on the whole lower than that of Hasbro’s – comes amidst a time of ongoing operational struggles for the current overseer of the Power Rangers brand.

In 2023, the company undertook two rounds of lay-offs – cutting 800 jobs in January and a further 1,100 in December – due to slumping sales across all of their core brands save Magic: The Gathering.

“Total Hasbro revenue of $1.5 billion was down 10% versus last year,” explained Hasbro CFO Gina Goetter during the company’s Q3 2023 earnings call. “The impact of the broader toy category declines has had a change in our consumer products and total Hasbro outlook. Based on this,” she concluded, “we now expect total Hasbro, Inc. revenue to be down 13% to 15%.”

In their most recent stumble, less than a week prior to this article’s authoring, the company saw the now-former President of their Wizards of the Coast and Hasbro digital gaming offer her sudden resignation following a controversy-filled tenure of just two years.

Fonte

Bloodstained

Mil pontos, LOL!
Reações
Pontos

‘Witchblade’ To Be “Reimagined” In New Series From ‘Batwoman’ And ‘A-Force’ Writer Marguerite Bennett, Reboot Will Have “A Lot To Say About Power In The 21st Century”

In proving that absolutely no IP is safe from being revived and subverted in an attempt to sell it to ‘modern audiences’, Top Cow has announced that their fan-favorite supernatural cheescake series Witchblade will soon be receiving a comic book “reimagining” courtesy of DC’s Batwoman Vol. 3 and Marvel’s A-Force Vol. 1 writer Marguerite Bennett.

Created in 1995 by veteran comic book creator and Top Cow founder Marc Silvestri, editor David Wohl, the writing duo of Brian Haberlin and Christina Z, and the late artist Michael Turner, Witchblade focuses on a sentient, supernatural weapon of the same name whose usage is meant to keep balance between the universal concepts of good and evil known as the Light and the Darkness (the latter being the same entity which features in the eponymous The Darkness spin-off series).

However, unable to operate on its own, the Witchblade must bond with a host – typically a woman – in order to carry out its mission, in doing so imbuing them with superhuman conditioning and a risqué suit of symbiotic armor.

Set to hit shelves in July, the reboot will see series co-creator and Top Cow founder Marc Silvestri work with Bennett and artist Boom! Studios’ Saban’s Power Rangers: Soul of the Dragon and DC’s Suicide Squad Vol. 5 artist Giuseppe Cafaro team to offer readers “contemporary takes on familiar characters and new story arcs that will hook new readers and rekindle the energy and excitement that fueled the 90’s Image Revolution.”

Notably, rather than an original protagonist, the series will focus on a new version of the series’ first protagonist Sara Pezzini, an NYPD detective who eventually turns to a life of protecting humanity from the supernatural after being picked to serve as the weapon’s latest host.

“This is brand new mythology around Sara, and I can’t wait for you to fall in love with her and all the twists and turns,” Silvestri exclaimed to Top Cow in promotion of the series.. Discover Witchblade reimagined this summer, and join us as we bring all the fun of the 90s to the modern age and see how exciting comics can be. I can’t wait for you to read this new series.”

To this end, the official logline for the series’ debut issue teases, “In Witchblade #1, New York City Police Detective Sara Pezzini’s life was forever fractured by her father’s murder. Cold, cunning, and hellbent on revenge, Sara now stalks a vicious criminal cabal beneath the city, where an ancient power collides and transforms her into something wild, magnificent, and beyond her darkest imaginings. How will Sara use this ancient power, or will she be consumed by it?

Speaking to the publisher regarding her attachment to the series, Bennett recalled, “The ability to tell a ferocious story full of monsters, sexuality, vision, and history was irresistible.”

“Our saga is sleek, vicious, ferocious, and has a lot to say about power in the 21st century and will be the first time that we are stopping the roller coaster to let more people on,” added the co-writer of Emilia Clarke’s absolutely abysmal M.O.M.: Mother of Madness series. “I’ve loved Witchblade since I was a child, and there is truly no other heroine like Sara with such an iconic legacy and such a rich, brutal relationship to her own body.”

Finally offering his own thoughts on the project, Cafaro asserted, “The Witchblade universe is being modernized to reflect how Marguerite beautifully explores the extreme sides of Sara through memories, her personal thoughts, like desire and hunger, in her solitude and when she is possessed by the Witchblade. So, I had to visually intersect a noir True Detective-like world with a supernatural, horror world that is a fantastic mix between Berserk and Zodiac!”

Set to release with a total of eight variant covers – as provided by Silvestri and Arif Prianto (their cover coming in standard, virgin, and line art versions), Cafaro and Prianto, Dani and Brad Simpson, J. Scott Campbell, and Bill Sienkiewicz, with a blank sketch cover rounding out the line-up – Witchblade Vol. 3 #1 hits shelves on July 17th.

Fonte

Se tem algo que me deixa contente, é ter a certeza de que a Disney é absolutamente incapaz de aprender com seus erros. É por isso que estão fadados a repeti-los ad infinitum, com a complacência do imbecil do Iger. :klol

Mestre Viril

Mil pontos, LOL!
Reações
Pontos

Mausypon

Ei mãe, 500 pontos!
Reações
Pontos

Fallout 4 desbanca Helldivers II e é o jogo mais vendido da semana na Europa [Aumento e 7500% nas vendas]

Alguém me explica por obséquio como a Bathesta está conseguindo surfar no hype da série ganhando caminhões de dinheiro e a porra da Marvel Comics nunca conseguiu surfar nem um marolinha no hype dos filmes? PQP esse tipo de incompetência tem que ser estudado, sério.

Pior que esse barco já partiu, agora os filmes estão tão na b*sta quanto as Hqs.

Mercado de filmes de heróis tá muito saturado , ngm aguenta o msm feijão com arroz , e ainda mais com essa agenda forcada , e as Hqs tbm indo nessa onda progressista , só afasta mais os véio que consome isso , jovenzinho lacrador de Twitter não consome HQs , sobre Fallout , foram muito competentes em respeitar a obra original e colocar tudo que os fãs gostam na série , por isso o público fã dos jogos ficaram no hype em voltar a jogar , e até trouxe novos jogadores aos jogos pq de fato a série é muito legal , e violenta , tem um humor engraçado , a trilha sonora é boa e os atores são bem carismáticos, a protagonista tem muito carisma , ao contrário da capita Marvel que e ao contrário , muie insurportável e feminizai , o ghoul é muito bom e carregou a série nas costas tbm , parece até que é surpresa que fazer uma adaptação que respeita a obra original faça sucesso , parece que Hollywood ainda não aprendeu isso , mas prefere derturpar as obras pra agradar lacradorzinho de Twitter.

Loflite

Bam-bam-bam
Reações
Pontos

Fallout 4 desbanca Helldivers II e é o jogo mais vendido da semana na Europa [Aumento e 7500% nas vendas]

Alguém me explica por obséquio como a Bathesta está conseguindo surfar no hype da série ganhando caminhões de dinheiro e a porra da Marvel Comics nunca conseguiu surfar nem um marolinha no hype dos filmes? PQP esse tipo de incompetência tem que ser estudado, sério.

Pior que esse barco já partiu, agora os filmes estão tão na b*sta quanto as Hqs.
O principal de fallout são os jogos, enquanto na Marvel os jogos são secundários.

Bloodstained

Mil pontos, LOL!
Reações
Pontos

A explicação é exatamente a que você imaginou: incompetência. Quando o MCU estava em seu auge, isso é o que você encontrava nas HQ's da Marvel:

montaje-all-new-all-differente-marvel-universe-slide.jpg

As pessoas saíam fissuradas dos filmes, iam até uma comic shop e, chegando lá, não conseguiam encontrar sequer uma HQ com os mesmos personagens que tinham visto nos filmes. Não é preciso ser um gênio dos negócios para saber que o momento pedia por sinergia: os personagens nos filmes deviam ser os mesmos que eram mostrados nas HQ's. Ao invés disso, os ativistas da Marvel estavam mais preocupados em explorar versões genéricas, porém diversificadas, dos personagens que todo mundo queria ler a respeito.

O resultado foi o mais catastrófico possível: não só a tal All New, All Different Marvel foi uma falha absoluta como, por causa dela, eles perderam o timing para capitalizar em cima do MCU. Daí em diante, foi ladeira abaixo, com a indústria de HQ's norte-americana se tornando cada vez mais irrelevante, ainda que os filmes de super heróis tenham se mantido populares por mais de uma década. A Marvel teve a chance perfeita para revitalizar a indústria como um todo, mas decidiu jogar a oportunidade no lixo para lacrar. A insignificância foi o merecido fruto que colheram por sua própria soberba e estupidez.

Ultima Edição:

bushi_snake

Mil pontos, LOL!
Reações
Pontos

‘Witchblade’ To Be “Reimagined” In New Series From ‘Batwoman’ And ‘A-Force’ Writer Marguerite Bennett, Reboot Will Have “A Lot To Say About Power In The 21st Century”

In proving that absolutely no IP is safe from being revived and subverted in an attempt to sell it to ‘modern audiences’, Top Cow has announced that their fan-favorite supernatural cheescake series Witchblade will soon be receiving a comic book “reimagining” courtesy of DC’s Batwoman Vol. 3 and Marvel’s A-Force Vol. 1 writer Marguerite Bennett.

Created in 1995 by veteran comic book creator and Top Cow founder Marc Silvestri, editor David Wohl, the writing duo of Brian Haberlin and Christina Z, and the late artist Michael Turner, Witchblade focuses on a sentient, supernatural weapon of the same name whose usage is meant to keep balance between the universal concepts of good and evil known as the Light and the Darkness (the latter being the same entity which features in the eponymous The Darkness spin-off series).

However, unable to operate on its own, the Witchblade must bond with a host – typically a woman – in order to carry out its mission, in doing so imbuing them with superhuman conditioning and a risqué suit of symbiotic armor.

Set to hit shelves in July, the reboot will see series co-creator and Top Cow founder Marc Silvestri work with Bennett and artist Boom! Studios’ Saban’s Power Rangers: Soul of the Dragon and DC’s Suicide Squad Vol. 5 artist Giuseppe Cafaro team to offer readers “contemporary takes on familiar characters and new story arcs that will hook new readers and rekindle the energy and excitement that fueled the 90’s Image Revolution.”

Notably, rather than an original protagonist, the series will focus on a new version of the series’ first protagonist Sara Pezzini, an NYPD detective who eventually turns to a life of protecting humanity from the supernatural after being picked to serve as the weapon’s latest host.

“This is brand new mythology around Sara, and I can’t wait for you to fall in love with her and all the twists and turns,” Silvestri exclaimed to Top Cow in promotion of the series.. Discover Witchblade reimagined this summer, and join us as we bring all the fun of the 90s to the modern age and see how exciting comics can be. I can’t wait for you to read this new series.”

To this end, the official logline for the series’ debut issue teases, “In Witchblade #1, New York City Police Detective Sara Pezzini’s life was forever fractured by her father’s murder. Cold, cunning, and hellbent on revenge, Sara now stalks a vicious criminal cabal beneath the city, where an ancient power collides and transforms her into something wild, magnificent, and beyond her darkest imaginings. How will Sara use this ancient power, or will she be consumed by it?

Speaking to the publisher regarding her attachment to the series, Bennett recalled, “The ability to tell a ferocious story full of monsters, sexuality, vision, and history was irresistible.”

“Our saga is sleek, vicious, ferocious, and has a lot to say about power in the 21st century and will be the first time that we are stopping the roller coaster to let more people on,” added the co-writer of Emilia Clarke’s absolutely abysmal M.O.M.: Mother of Madness series. “I’ve loved Witchblade since I was a child, and there is truly no other heroine like Sara with such an iconic legacy and such a rich, brutal relationship to her own body.”

Finally offering his own thoughts on the project, Cafaro asserted, “The Witchblade universe is being modernized to reflect how Marguerite beautifully explores the extreme sides of Sara through memories, her personal thoughts, like desire and hunger, in her solitude and when she is possessed by the Witchblade. So, I had to visually intersect a noir True Detective-like world with a supernatural, horror world that is a fantastic mix between Berserk and Zodiac!”

Set to release with a total of eight variant covers – as provided by Silvestri and Arif Prianto (their cover coming in standard, virgin, and line art versions), Cafaro and Prianto, Dani and Brad Simpson, J. Scott Campbell, and Bill Sienkiewicz, with a blank sketch cover rounding out the line-up – Witchblade Vol. 3 #1 hits shelves on July 17th.

Fonte

Se tem algo que me deixa contente, é ter a certeza de que a Disney é absolutamente incapaz de aprender com seus erros. É por isso que estão fadados a repeti-los ad infinitum, com a complacência do imbecil do Iger. :klol

Carmba, como fui esquecer da Witchblade!!???

Seria um prato perfeito pras feminazis atazanarem hoje em dia. Vai ser engraçado isso ae.

Monogo

Mil pontos, LOL!
Reações
Pontos

Quem ainda lê HQ?

Isso tá virando apenas item da colecionador

Birdperson

Bam-bam-bam
Reações
Pontos
Mercado de filmes de heróis tá muito saturado , ngm aguenta o msm feijão com arroz , e ainda mais com essa agenda forcada , e as Hqs tbm indo nessa onda progressista , só afasta mais os véio que consome isso , jovenzinho lacrador de Twitter não consome HQs , sobre Fallout , foram muito competentes em respeitar a obra original e colocar tudo que os fãs gostam na série , por isso o público fã dos jogos ficaram no hype em voltar a jogar , e até trouxe novos jogadores aos jogos pq de fato a série é muito legal , e violenta , tem um humor engraçado , a trilha sonora é boa e os atores são bem carismáticos, a protagonista tem muito carisma , ao contrário da capita Marvel que e ao contrário , muie insurportável e feminizai , o ghoul é muito bom e carregou a série nas costas tbm , parece até que é surpresa que fazer uma adaptação que respeita a obra original faça sucesso , parece que Hollywood ainda não aprendeu isso , mas prefere derturpar as obras pra agradar lacradorzinho de Twitter.
Fora a forçada de barra de fazer 10 filmes e 10 séries em um ano.

Hoje eu seleciono e muito qual filme eu irei ver no cinema. Das séries da DIsney+ eu assisti apenas Loki, o último filme da marvel que vi no cinema foi homem aranha e próximo que irei na pré estreia é Deadpool.

YSolaire

Bam-bam-bam
Reações
Pontos

É uma explicação bem simples. Se vc viu a série e quer ver o material original, vc pega o jogo e ele tem um inicio, meio e fim. O jogo te apresenta o mundo, a linha narrativa e vc segue ela. Apesar dele ser o quarto da franquia ele tem uma narrativa fechada em si, como a maioria dos jogos.

Agora, se vc assistiu o ultimo homem-aranha e decidiu ler os quadrinhos vc não tem um ponto de entrada. Se vc pegar a edição do mês vc está no meio do arco, se vc pegar a ultima edição 1 ela não é realmente a 1 pq vc tem que ter entendimento prévio dos personagens, arcos e eventos e muitas vezes ela continua a historia de outra revista. Se vc pegar a primeira aparição do personagem tb não ajuda, pq ela provavelmente não vale mais e sofreu um retcon.

Esse é um problema gigantesco dos quadrinhos ocidentais. E o fato deles não terem fim, acaba diluindo esses personagens com o tempo, e cada vez mais as historias dele tem menos impacto, pq nada "importa", nada realmente vai mudar. Diferente de One Piece por exemplo. O negocio está ai faz uns 20 anos, mas se vc quer começar a ler, vc sabe exatamente por onde começar. Vc vai e pega a primeira edição e pronto.

Monogo

Mil pontos, LOL!
Reações
Pontos
Eu leio, bom eu lia, hoje em dia dificilmente compro qualquer lançamento. Hoje só compro reprintes de histórias antigas.

Os caras perderam uma chance de ouro de ressuscitar o hobbie.

Se não conseguiram ressucitar na a era de ouro da Marvel, que durou praticamente uma década, nada mais ressucita.

A real é que HQ só estava sobrevivendo pq o universo cinemático tava pagando a conta.

HQ agora, é de nicho.

Topo Fundo