O que há de Novo?
Fórum Outer Space - O maior fórum de games do Brasil

Registre uma conta gratuita hoje para se tornar um membro! Uma vez conectado, você poderá participar neste site adicionando seus próprios tópicos e postagens, além de se conectar com outros membros por meio de sua própria caixa de entrada privada!

• Anunciando os planos GOLD no Fórum Outer Space
    Visitante, agora você pode ajudar o Fórum Outer Space e receber alguns recursos exclusivos, incluindo navegação sem anúncios e dois temas exclusivos. Veja os detalhes aqui.

Mark Rein: Mods de UT3 poderão ser cobrados ou proibidos na Live

WhiteHorseBR01

Mil pontos, LOL!
GOLD
Reações
Pontos
ut2007.preview.jpg

Q: Are you any closer to resolving the problem of getting user-gen content into the Xbox 360 version?

MR: Not yet but we're hopeful. Microsoft hasn't said "no" yet, but then they haven't said "yes" either. We need them to say "yes," and we need them to do it soon.

Q: So it's technically possible?
MR:Sure. I mean, you can go onto the console and copy your songs on to it and play movies off a memory card - the machine's capable of allowing you to transfer your content around, and even letting you play your music while playing many games.

Q: So why wouldn't Microsoft say yes? Is there a fear of losing control of Xbox Live?
MR: Well, yeah and we don't fault them for that. They've got a closed system where everything's checked, users know the quality of everything they download, and you know it won't crash your machine. User generated content - well, it can be dangerous, you could theoretically download a mod that uses too much memory and crashes your machine.

I think Sony are real pioneers in this - I think they deserve a lot of credit for letting us do this. They're really doing something different, and it hints at what they want to do with the PlayStation Network in the future. They're definitely on the right track!

If it doesn't work out with Xbox 360, depending on sales of the game on that platform, I imagine we'll find a few of the best mods and get them on Xbox Live Marketplace. I don't think 360 users are going to suffer drastically - they're just going to miss out on a lot of crazy, cool fun stuff and the ability to exchange it among themselves. They may also end up paying for content that is free on other systems because Microsoft now has to host it and certify it. But I'm confident Microsoft will look at what's happened with UT3 on the PS3 so far and think, 'Well, we'll take that baby step with you,' because what we've done so far really is just a baby step if you think about it. You've got to go online, you gotta download the mod, and you're responsible for putting it on your machine yourself. There are some exceptions - there are mutators, which modify how gameplay works, that are pretty small - and we let those auto download, but most of the other stuff you've got to go and say 'I'm going to install this on my machine.' We hope to change that in the future.

So it really is the user knowing what he's doing. He's not accidentally going to a server which has this really horrific mod on it... and if you do find a horrific mod we have a way to make sure that people can't serve that mod for other users. I think we're going to do much more with the PS3 version - maybe have an easier way to download mods, a way to auto download some that have been approved, ideas like that. We're looking at ways of taking the mod scene and making it better and broader.

The game is up and running on Xbox 360 - it has been for a long time, and its running wonderfully - it just doesn't have any Xbox Live written into it yet so that's the work that remains

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/games/archi ... rview.html

Cosmão

Lenda da internet
Reações
Pontos
[COLOR="Black"]Hehehe, muita sacanagem isso.
Típico do Bill Gates mesmo.[/COLOR]

rafael.mosterio

Mil pontos, LOL!
Reações
Pontos
jonjontkd;2717243 disse:
UT3 já saiu no 360?Nem sabia![karrepio]

andregarcia_1;2717252 disse:
Não saiu, ele está pronto aguardando a decisão da M$ pra ser lançado

jonjontkd;2717259 disse:

De acordo com a própria notícia:

The game is up and running on Xbox 360 - it has been for a long time, and its running wonderfully - it just doesn't have any Xbox Live written into it yet so that's the work that remains

Tá tudo certo, só falta a parte on-line do jogo.:D

mig29gsxr

Mil pontos, LOL!
Reações
Pontos
Se tem tantos mods e hacks no 360, podiam fazê-lo rodar numa live pirata, free, onde tudo é permitido. Deve ser difícil, mas se conseguem fazer isso com jogos online de pc, deve ter algum jeito.

Jonjon's Kimyo na Boken

Ei mãe, 500 pontos!
Reações
Pontos
mig29gsxr;2717310 disse:
Se tem tantos mods e hacks no 360, podiam fazê-lo rodar numa live pirata, free, onde tudo é permitido. Deve ser difícil, mas se conseguem fazer isso com jogos online de pc, deve ter algum jeito.
Relax
devem descobrir algum modo de roda-lo fora da live

ldomingos

Bam-bam-bam
Reações
Pontos
Como tio Bill disse nos Simpsons, "Eu não fiquei rico assinando cheques" :D

Zeorymer

Gomu Gomu no Mi
VIP
GOLD
Reações
Pontos
rafael.mosterio;2717268 disse:
De acordo com a própria notícia:

Tá tudo certo, só falta a parte on-line do jogo.:D
Resumindo o principal do JOGO hehehehe

Sobre a noticia, Tipico da MIC, a EPIC já ficou put* com ela sobre GEARS, e agora pelo que vi ela esta put* por causa de UT...

Evil AuRoN

Mil pontos, LOL!
Reações
Pontos
bola fora da m$... Espero que as coisas mudem com o lançamento da home... apesar do mercado estar mais acirrado nessa gen, eu ainda num vi o principal, uma guerra acirrada de conteudo online! Sony precisa melhorar o conteudo e a m$ precisa abrir um pouco a mão...

Topo Fundo