O que há de Novo?
Fórum Outer Space - O maior fórum de games do Brasil

Registre uma conta gratuita hoje para se tornar um membro! Uma vez conectado, você poderá participar neste site adicionando seus próprios tópicos e postagens, além de se conectar com outros membros por meio de sua própria caixa de entrada privada!

• Anunciando os planos GOLD no Fórum Outer Space
    Visitante, agora você pode ajudar o Fórum Outer Space e receber alguns recursos exclusivos, incluindo navegação sem anúncios e dois temas exclusivos. Veja os detalhes aqui.

Lost Odyssey Review (+Lembra Shadow Hearts +Bom, mas com bugs)

EvilAvatar

Veterano
Reações
Pontos
Overall B+/B

Story, Characters, and Writing
Bebpo: C
It's bad, and even more illogical than most j-rpgs with the worst villian ever, but at the end of the day the 20 hours of cutscenes are well directed and entertaining so you're never bored. Premise is great, worldview is interesting, but cast is bland and maybe Inoue was not the right man to make them. One thing I did like was the theme of family. It's not seen to often in rpgs outside Grandia 3.

duckroll: C-
Definitely the weakest link in the game. For all the potential in a story about a man who has lived a thousand years, the story sure seemed like just another big fun happy adventure ride. I really don't think there were 20 hours of cutscenes, but there were indeed quite a lot, and they were all pretty hilarious - often for the wrong reasons. The villains and set pieces in the game are what really drag the game down, aside from the generic one-dimension characters. The actual dialogue seemed to be making the best out of a bad scenario, which is overall unfortunate because the premise deep down is pretty strong and unique.

1000 years of dreams
Bebpo: A+
The "1000 year dreams" are visual text novels written by good authors and almost all excellent tales lasting 10-15 minute with nice music in the background. Although most of them don't really connect to the main game's plot. They're a nice bonus to have on the disc to read and enjoy. Quality entertainment that gets an A+ from me.

duckroll: A+
The difference between an actual accomplished novelist and a videogame writer is never seen in such contrast as in this game. While the game's actual scenario and script fail to hit the mark, the short stories that chronicle Kaim's past hit it totally out of the park. Everything from the actual writing, the concepts of each story and the actual implementation of the text, sound, music and background imagery connect to present the reader with unforgettable experiences in storytelling on a visual medium. This is both a boon and curse to the game because while the viewer will be left very impressed with each story, it also leaves much to be desired from the actual story of the game - which sadly never quite delivers on any level.

General Gameplay
Bebpo: B+
LO's other name is Shadow Hearts 4, because with most of the SH team that's what it is. At its best, the game is up there with the best moments of SH2 with excellent puzzle dungeons that are half rpg, half Resident Evil. At it's worst it's like the bad parts of SH3 with confusing dungeons and annoying encounters. While it's nice to have a world map, I'd hate to live in the LO world of rocky nothing which pales in comparison to the amazing world of Blue Dragon or even older PS2 rpgs.

duckroll: A
I really enjoyed the overall gameplay in Lost Odyssey. The dungeons and towns definitely reminded me of the better parts of Shadow Hearts, with really smart use of obstacles and puzzles in the dungeons. I feel the cities are what give the game an edge over most other RPGs, because they're really well designed and large enough to feel like actual cities. The world map itself is quite a downer, but I loved the modes of transportation in the game. Considering how barren the map itself is though, I wonder if that was one of the reasons they went with a menu based map overall.

Bebpo: Yes, the towns were very nice, though I personally didn't like the bigger sprawling cities. It just took too long to keep running several screens into a city for sidequests. While you do have a very nice super fast run, it's still a lot of ground and loading and there are a ridiculous number of sidequests in each city so you'll visit them quite a bit.

Battle System
Bebpo: B
The ring system, GC system and skill system are innovative and very cool and fun. The ring is a step back from SH, but it's still nice to have instead of just selecting commands. However, the system balance is broken beyond belief in the later stages. The game is challenging at the start but then gets progressively easier each boss until the endgame bosses and enemies do 0 damage against you and you kill them in 2 hits (I died on the first two bosses and then never again). It's basically the opposite of BD which was pretty easy until the endgame where it had some fun challenge. Also it's worth noting that the battle speed is Xenosaga ep1 level of SLOW. Expect to spend 3-5 minutes in each battle even if you finish them in 2 rounds.

duckroll: B+
The systems are well designed, and for most of the game pretty balanced. The Judgement Ring in Shadow Hearts is definitely a more indepth battle system, but I have a feeling they simplified it because they wanted to focus on the other systems, which seems like what the game is really based around anyway. Balance-wise I felt the game was very well tuned for most of the game, but towards the end it does get exceedingly broken. I found the battles fun but what the game really lacks are super bosses. The optional bosses available in the game far exceed Blue Dragon's in variety and design, but fall flat on the challenge overall. The battles are indeed slow though, they're time consuming and if you're not in the right mood it can be quite a strain on the experience especially with the encounters being random.

Graphics
Bebpo: A-
Would have been A+ if not for the performance issues such as the stuttering when a battle first starts or at random times when streaming. This is the best looking rpg ever made no doubt, especially in the battles. The art design carried over from SH is impeccable and seeing SH type enemies with UE3.0 graphics and DQ/BD level animation is amazing. Attacks and spells have the flash that was missing from BD. CG FMVs look amazing, especially with Ohsawa's great art design.

Excellent monster designs, environments looked great and each area had a rather unique look. Outside of several generic areas where there was massive asset reuse, overall the game comes off as a very next-gen JRPG. The textures, the modeling and the animations are really finely crafted. The team put tons of attend into the detail of settings, backgrounds and even idle animations for monsters. Many of the settings are really good, and several key scenes look really fantastic visually. Various technical issues result minor annoyances that prevent the game from being the benchmark it could be, but that doesn't take away from the fact that this is one fantastic looking game.

Bebpo: Just wanted to agree that the idling animations are fantastic in battle. So much detail was put into the battle animations.

Music
It's a good soundtrack, but outside a handful of tracks it's not very memorable at all. The town themes sound EXACTLY like SH2 town themes, which makes no sense considering the composer is different. The main theme is A+, but overall I preferred BD's soundtrack, especially the vocal songs with suck here but were cute in BD (marumaru dance; birthday song).

duckroll: B
First I'll have to say, the main theme for Lost Odyssey is probably the best videogame musical track I've heard in many years. It is a sweeping piece piece that invokes feelings of grandeur and really builds the mood. Unfortunately it's not only the best piece of music in the game, but the really the only truly memoriable tune. The best tracks in the game are all varients of the main theme. Most of the music is pretty competent and it is by no means a bad or even mediocre soundtrack. It just fails to be great because there isn't much attachment to most of the pieces. I do feel the scenario is to share to blame though, it's hard to find musical themes memoriable when you find it hard to care for much of what is going on.

Bebpo: Man, the final boss song...lol. BD's was almost Uematsu's one winged angel follow-up. LO is....yeah....

Bebpo: F
I timed the loading from battle transition to when your menu pops up to select commands...20 fucking seconds. LO will be known forever as the game that made me hate random encounters even though I'd been fine with them for decades now. When you're trying to solve a puzzle and BAM encounter and sit for 20 seconds -> 3-5 minute battle -> puzzle it's annoying. Imagine being on a balance log on that happens and you come back suddenly 5 mins later and have to keep your balance. Random encounters only work when there is almost no loading like the handheld FFs or SMT games since you can get them over with and get back to the game real quick. There's a lot of other loading, but really it's the encounter loading that drove me insane by the end when backtracking through the entire game again for sidequests. If there was EVER a game that needed a "no encounter" accessory it was this; but nope, not here.

duckroll: D-
Yeah, the loading is bad. There're no two ways around it. Everything from areas, to battles, to the goddamn fucking SAVE SCREEN is loading loading loading loading loading. I wasn't that bothered by the random encounters taking ages to load because I probably went nuts and got used to it, but there were several other issues that really bugged me. Sometimes if you prepare a mega spell, and it's set to go off after the normal attackers, the spell animation won't load in time. So Kaim will slash an enemy, and he'll stand there for 3 seconds just waiting. It looks retarded and is really embarassing for the game engine. The other issue that drove me insane was the save reading code. It's probably the worst code for reading a list of saves ever. The more saves you have, the longer it takes to load. The game gives you a total of 20 slots, so by the end I had like 17, and it was taking half a minute to a minute to load just the listing of saves. Actual saving would take a second, but then after that they would have to READ THE GODDAMN LIST AGAIN before you can return to the menu. Two minutes to save a fucking game..... ARGHARGAHGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Lasting Appeal
Bebpo: A
Main game is about 40-45 hours long, plenty of optional bonus dungeons (like SH1-3 and BD) give it a boost to 55-65. If you are an utter completionist who spends 100 hours in FFX or BD, expect a good 80 hour+ game. All in all, a great amount of content for an rpg.

It's hard to argue with a RPG that lasts over 60 hours and provides good entertainment all the way. There are lots of optional quests along the way and a whole lot more open up at the end. The rewards for almost everything in the game are pretty solid, so you never really feel you're wasting your time scouting out an entire dungeon or doing a fetch quest for a citizen. The optional quests and collectathons in the game should be enough to satisfy pretty much any JRPG gamer.

Overall
In a word? It's a SH game that's worse than SH2 by a good deal but better than SH3 by a small amount. While the gameplay gets broken and the story is silly, the game is fun to play (outside a few spots) and fun to watch for a good 50+ hours. The best parts of the game are horror areas straight out of SH. If you've never played a SH game before and you play and enjoy LO, immediately go run and buy SH1-3 and you will be the happiest person on earth for a month or two while you play them.

duckroll: B
I don't really feel much of the SH comparisons outside of the visuals, but I do think that Lost Odyssey is a pretty enjoyable but flawed RPG. When it delivers, it really delivers, but when it doesn't it really feels like there's a lot of wasted potential. We'll never know what it would be like if the game had a better engine without loading, or if the scenario had better writers. It's unfortunate that the game never reached it's full potential, but what remains is still a pretty solid title. While the game is plagued by problems both technical and design-wise, it's still an incredible look game with great visuals and fun gameplay.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=224474

Paiva :)

Mil pontos, LOL!
GOLD
Reações
Pontos
Acabei de me desanimar. O que mais me animava nesse jogo era a história...

João Emmanuel

Bam-bam-bam
Reações
Pontos
Essa dos Loadings desanima...
Sem contar que são DVD's pra cacete...
Eu bem que queria tentar, vou esperar os RPG'istas do fórum analisarem...

BuddyChrist

Mil pontos, LOL!
Reações
Pontos
Porra 20 segundos de loading pra cada luta vai ser foda, ainda mais com batalhas aleátorias.

bushi_snake

Mil pontos, LOL!
Reações
Pontos
20 segundos pra loading pra cada luta + areas + salvar e ainda quanto mais saves vc tiver mais demorado vai ser o save por um 4 dvds de jogo....

porra.....

é..... recomendo muita yoga e paciência de monge pra aguentar viu...

"Bebpo: Man, the final boss song...lol. BD's was almost Uematsu's one winged angel follow-up. LO is....yeah...."

:-D

"Final Fantasy is past"

[kviraolho]

:lol

Jorn

Bam-bam-bam
Reações
Pontos
É melhor a mistwalker se acertar logo...O negócio tá feio...

ssj-ninja

Supra-sumo
Reações
Pontos
eu lembro um loading q vi num video do youtube, nakele navio q parece um salto-alto... era 40+ segundos... realmente medonho... tudo bem q sou acostumado com loadings, e em rpgs, os de naves/barcos sempre eram os mais demorados... mas 40+ eh apelaçao

o xbox tem drive de 12x, tantos mb de ram, e pq diabos roda mais lento q jogos de rpg em cd de 2x, 2mb de ram de 2 geraçoes atras? falta de otimizaçao? falta de um time maior? falta da tao-mal-falada square-enix? eheuheuehue

Zeorymer

Gomu Gomu no Mi
VIP
GOLD
Reações
Pontos
Pera ae, pera aeeeeeeeeee....

PORRA 20 SEGUNDOS DE LOADING ??? É ISSO MESMO ?? SEIS TÃO ZUANDO NÃO ESTÃO.... ????

Rocha Loures

Bam-bam-bam
Reações
Pontos
20 Seg?? PQP !! Mas como isso? O_O

Com Xenosaga episode 2, já achava absurdo e extremamente entediante os 10 segs de load para cada batalha, alem da absurda dificuldade e alto HP dos inimigos, imagine esse Lost Loading ae VSF, nao compro uim jogo com loads tao grandes...
Nunca mais quero sofrer o que sofri em Xenosaga 2!!

Cosmão

Lenda da internet
Reações
Pontos
[COLOR="Black"]20 segundos de loading?
Já imaginava que a Mistwalker era iniciante nisso, mesmo com a mala do Sagakuchi no time, mas, dividir o jogo em 4 DVDs e ainda ter que amargar 20 segundos de loading é demais.
Me lembro bem das palavras de Sagakuchi: "Final Fantasy é passado".
Só quero ver quando FF13 sair.

O pior de tudo é pensar que esse jogo era promissor pacas.[/COLOR]

Zeorymer

Gomu Gomu no Mi
VIP
GOLD
Reações
Pontos
Na boa tem que ser FAKE estes 20 segundos.... na boa É FAKE ISSO..

Não tem como um jogo sair com 20 SEGUNDOS de LOADING para cada batalha, o loco, é FAKE, TEM QUE SER FAKE [kong]

ldomingos

Bam-bam-bam
Reações
Pontos
Jack T;2641739 disse:
Só quero ver quando FF13 sair[COLOR="Red"]. SEM LOADS segundo a Square os loads serão praticamente inexistentes valeu Blu Ray e HD[/COLOR]

Fiz um pequeno complemento

E no mais se o jogo for BOM loads podem tirar um pouco, mas num tiram o brilho deles

Jorn

Bam-bam-bam
Reações
Pontos
Os caras deram nota A pros gráficos, então ainda deram uma puxadinha de sardinha pro jogo...:lol

imagina se não tivessem dado.

Zeorymer

Gomu Gomu no Mi
VIP
GOLD
Reações
Pontos
Tava fazendo uns calculos aqui.. é fake estes dos 20 segundos para cada batalha.

3 batalhas = 60 segundos
60 segundos = 1 minuto
100 batalhas = 2000 segundos

regra de 3

60s = 1m
2000s = x

60x = 2000 * 1
x = 2000/60

x = 33,3333

Car se no jogo vc tiver 100 batalhas, vc vai ficar 33 minutos em tela de loading, e sabemos que em um RPG 100 batalhas é muito pouco.

NA BOA FAKE MOR ISSO. [kong]

EvilAvatar

Veterano
Reações
Pontos
ldomingos;2641757 disse:
Fiz um pequeno complemento

E no mais se o jogo for BOM loads podem tirar um pouco, mas num tiram o brilho deles

Na verdade se não tiver loading no FF XIII é por causa do HD e não pelo Blu-Ray, que é mais lento do que o DVD.

ldomingos

Bam-bam-bam
Reações
Pontos
EvilAvatar;2641793 disse:
Na verdade se não tiver loading no FF XIII é por causa do HD e não pelo Blu-Ray, que é mais lento do que o DVD.

Mas velocidade do Blu Ray no PS3 equivale velocidade de um DVD 8X e esses modelos de 8X equipam os primeiros lotes de 360, os outros são equipados com modelos mais rapidos

enterprise

Ei mãe, 500 pontos!
Reações
Pontos
ldomingos;2641816 disse:
Mas velocidade do Blu Ray no PS3 equivale velocidade de um DVD 8X e esses modelos de 8X equipam os primeiros lotes de 360, os outros são equipados com modelos mais rapidos

E no Blu Ray os arqivos não estão compactados como no mesmo jogo para DVD;)
Isso deve fazer uma diferença na velocidade

Jorn

Bam-bam-bam
Reações
Pontos

É, típico comentário de quem não jogou uncharted.
Uncharted não instala no HD e não possui loadings, como você explica?

BuddyChrist

Mil pontos, LOL!
Reações
Pontos
Jorn;2641848 disse:

Usaram um pouco do pó de pirilimpimpim da nintendo (lembram desse?) junto com a mídia mágica de bioware.:lol

ldomingos

Bam-bam-bam
Reações
Pontos
enterprise;2641821 disse:
E no Blu Ray os arqivos não estão compactados como no mesmo jogo para DVD;)
Isso deve fazer uma diferença na velocidade

Talvez realmente faça uma bela diferença e faz uma diferença ainda maior no processador que num precisa ficar descompactando arquivos e coisa e tal, ou seja o processador fica livre pra fazer aquilo que tem que ser feito que é processar o jogo

Lembrando que jogos com Killzone 2 e Metal Gear Solid graças ao espaço do Blu Ray podem usar o audio totalmente descompactado e acredito que até as texturas deles num tenham muita compressão

siarraweb

Presidente dos Sonystas
Reações
Pontos

a naughty dog qd falou nos ''no loadings'' disse que tudo isso era possivel graças a uma união entre o cell+hd default+bluray, mas que o HD poderia por vezes nem ser preciso.. como foi o caso de uncharted.

e o nomura tb disse que pretende que final fantasy 13 não tenha loadings como parece ser o futuro os jogos ps3 que usem as ferramentas disponiveis pela sony na EDGE 2.0

EvilAvatar

Veterano
Reações
Pontos
Jorn;2641848 disse:

O Blu-Ray tem um leitor mais lento do que o DVD até agora.
Uncharted roda liso pq o jogo deve estar pouco compactado no Blu-Ray...

Phoenix Eagle

Mil pontos, LOL!
Reações
Pontos
ssj-ninja;2641548 disse:
o xbox tem drive de 12x, tantos mb de ram, e pq diabos roda mais lento q jogos de rpg em cd de 2x, 2mb de ram de 2 geraçoes atras? falta de otimizaçao? falta de um time maior? falta da tao-mal-falada square-enix? eheuheuehue

Só não se esqueça de um detalhe, o tamanho dos arquivos também aumentaram de 2 gerações atrás; texturas, vídeos, modelos 3D, etc.

Porém, existe empresas e "empresas" quando o assunto é lidar com loadings e algumas (Blizzard/SquareEnix) são simplesmente MESTRES em mascarar/stream, quem dera todas fossem assim!

[[Solid_Snake]]

Ei mãe, 500 pontos!
Reações
Pontos
Olha o tão falado DVD do 360 ai,q era super rápido e o c***lho,jogo com 20 segundos de loading e ainda toda hora,deve cansar pacas isso.

Rhaziel

Ser evoluído
Reações
Pontos
Como tem gente aqui que ainda nâo aprendeu.
Esse loading absurdo só pode ser por um motivo, falha de programação. Essa história de que o Drive de BR ou o Drive de DVD do xbox360 são lentos não tem nada haver. Logo estará saindo DMC4 pela capcom e foi feito em ambas plataformas sendo que o jogo não tem nenhum loading em nenhuma das duas plataformas. Quem duvida vejam os videos. Quem já jogou mass effect sabe que raramente tem loading e eles ocorrem muito mais pela compressão do jogo do que pela velocidade dos drives. Mass effect tem graficos ainda melhores que LO e usa a mesma engine. LO não tem quase nenhuma compressão (por isso o absurdo de 4 DVDs) e mesmo assim os caras não eliminaram os loadings.
Sinceramente eu estava esperando muito mais da mistwalker mas o Sakaguchi e o time de programadores dele terão que mudar e deixar de serem preguiçosos.
Eu sou fã de JRPGs mas até agora os RPGs ocidentais estão arrebentando com os orientais vide mass effect e oblivion.
Estava afim de pegar o LO mas acho que vou esperar alguém daqui fazer um review antes de me aventurar.

Raziel

Mestre Rocha

Mil pontos, LOL!
Reações
Pontos
Aee pessoal, alguem poderia dar uma traduzido geral no texto? pelo que li são 20s por batalha? qualquer uma?
Lembro um jogo do DC que tinha 30s de loading por luta mas só nos chefões era assim. Tinha, sei lá, uns 15 chefes no jogo. Se for 20s em todas as batalhas, tô fora.

Zeorymer

Gomu Gomu no Mi
VIP
GOLD
Reações
Pontos
EvilAvatar;2641974 disse:
O Blu-Ray tem um leitor mais lento do que o DVD até agora.
Uncharted roda liso pq o jogo deve estar pouco compactado no Blu-Ray...
Exatamente tu acabou de mostrar o motivo do BLU-RAY existir e o por que o loading no PS3 podem ser bem mais curtos.

COmo o BLU-RAY não precisa compactar, já que el tem espaço de sobra, os lloadings podem ser menores, já que não é preciso primeiro processar a descompactação de um arquivoi, para depois usar ele...

Ta o COMBO... HD + BLU-RAY se mostrando util. :D

siarraweb

Presidente dos Sonystas
Reações
Pontos
bem. não sei...

o jogo para estar em 4 dvds, por alguma razão deve ser.. mas..

20 segundos por batalha.. parece-me demasiado exagerado.

um rpg normalmente está sempre a ter batalhas a toda a hora..

e que história era aquela que eu vi com os meus olhos do jogo passar de uma forma natural entre as cut-scenes para a batalha imediatamente ? como fica?

eu vi uma vez um video do jogo em que mostrava um video e de repente ele estava a lutar, tudo sem paragens.. (um soluço, mas nada de mais..)

e agora de repente aparecem com essa de 20 segundos?

não sei.. o jogo já foi a gold? ou ainda está a ser feito?

Seph Sama

Ei mãe, 500 pontos!
Reações
Pontos
siarraweb;2642801 disse:
bem. não sei...

o jogo para estar em 4 dvds, por alguma razão deve ser.. mas..

20 segundos por batalha.. parece-me demasiado exagerado.

um rpg normalmente está sempre a ter batalhas a toda a hora..

e que história era aquela que eu vi com os meus olhos do jogo passar de uma forma natural entre as cut-scenes para a batalha imediatamente ? como fica?

eu vi uma vez um video do jogo em que mostrava um video e de repente ele estava a lutar, tudo sem paragens.. (um soluço, mas nada de mais..)

e agora de repente aparecem com essa de 20 segundos?

não sei.. o jogo já foi a gold? ou ainda está a ser feito?
Já lançou no JP, mas esse negócio de 20 sec é brincadeira de mal gosto.. to vendo que vou economizar 4 midias dl xD [kviraolho]

_Ryudo_

Ei mãe, 500 pontos!
Reações
Pontos
Seph Sama;2642836 disse:
Já lançou no JP, mas esse negócio de 20 sec é brincadeira de mal gosto.. to vendo que vou economizar 4 midias dl xD [kviraolho]

Tomara que otimizem isso aí para o lançamento nos EUA... Blue Dragon tinha uns loadings chatos tb mas não chegava a esse extremo.
Mas acho que vale 4 midias DL...hehehehe

Paiva :)

Mil pontos, LOL!
GOLD
Reações
Pontos
Já falaram que o jogo terá pouquíssimas batalhas. Se isso acontecer realmente, prefiro isso a uma porrada de batalhas (Blue Dragon) com um loading ainda demorado.

No mais, acho que 20 segundos serão só algumas...e mais uma vez, guerra 360 x PS3. Porra, vão viver felizes com os consoles que têm, até porque isso é falha de programação. Assassins creed tem cenários tão pequenos, vazios e com tantos loads.[kong]

Shenmue Mugen

Supra-sumo
Reações
Pontos
Que loadings de 20 seg. são esses? Eu acho que o pessoal aqui está julgando o jogo antecipadamente. Entrem na Gamersyde e vcs verão vários vídeos de lutas do jogo e poderão perceber que não existem loadings de 20 segundos para se iniciar um combate.

O único loading tenebroso que eu vi foi de um video no youtube em que o jogador estava dentro de uma airship explorando o mapa do mundo...porém, na hora em que o cara foi mudar da visão de dentro da airship para a visão exterior para poder explorar o mapa do mundo a tela escureceu o foram quase 45 SEGUNDOS de loading. Quem quiser é só procurar.

Mas 20 segundos de loading por batalha é sacanagem....vejam os vídeos da Gamersyde.

Topo Fundo