O que há de Novo?
Fórum Outer Space - O maior fórum de games do Brasil

Registre uma conta gratuita hoje para se tornar um membro! Uma vez conectado, você poderá participar neste site adicionando seus próprios tópicos e postagens, além de se conectar com outros membros por meio de sua própria caixa de entrada privada!

• Anunciando os planos GOLD no Fórum Outer Space
    Visitante, agora você pode ajudar o Fórum Outer Space e receber alguns recursos exclusivos, incluindo navegação sem anúncios e dois temas exclusivos. Veja os detalhes aqui.

[Ideologia fod*ndo a industria ocidental news] BRs criam curadoria para identificar jogos com participação de consultoria woke

Bloodstained

Mil pontos, LOL!
Reações
Pontos
Lacradores e "urinalistas" choram o tempo todo sobre gamers estarem fazendo supostas perseguições direcionadas. No instante seguinte, promovem efetivas perseguições com entusiasmo. Como é que se diz mesmo? Ah, é... Acuse-os do que você faz. :kclassic

Agent13

Bam-bam-bam
Reações
Pontos
Eu também. Estou quase terminando minha playlist de jogos do Mega, vou passar pro Sega CD, 32X, Neo Geo, SNES, etc, até chegar acho que na geração PS4, que é o último bastião. Coisas novas, só verificando bem.

O bom é que eu economizo uma grana, já que não preciso gastar com jogos novos nem com upgrade de hardware.

Hoje eu vi um tweet de um perfil que sigo, mostrando a intro de Alone in the Dark. Me chamou mais a atenção do que muitos jogos novos. É interessante esse começo, atiçando-me a curiosidade sobre o lugar. E os gráficos, mesmo que simples, conseguem passar uma atmosfera misteriosa.

Lembrei que ontem, quando o pessoal tava metendo o pau no Dragon's Dogma 2, eu tava zerando o Megaman 2 do Gameboy, usando o Romhack da Roll no lugar do Megaman, pelo Retroarch. É um jogo bem curto, mas msm assim... :klolwtf

Bloodstained

Mil pontos, LOL!
Reações
Pontos

Kabrutus & Grummz Urge Game Developers To Come Clean About Sweet Baby Inc. Involvement

In the wake of the recent scandal surrounding Sweet Baby Inc. and their harassment campaign against Kabrutus, the curator of the “Sweet Baby Inc. Detected” Steam group, which kicked off GamerGate 2.0, the gaming community once again finds itself at the forefront of the push back against forced DEI and other industry malpractice and the relationships between developers, consultants, and gamers. In a recent interview on the Geeks & Gamers Clips YouTube channel, prominent gaming figure Kabrutus and game developer Grummz (Mark Kern) shed light on interactions with developers and the evolving landscape of game development.

Mark Kern (Grummz) invited game developers to come clean about Sweet Baby Inc.’s involvement: “If you kicked Sweet Baby out of your studio for ruining your game, don’t hide it. @kabrutusrambo and I talk about how these studios could raise massive awareness and PR and sales just by announcing that they are no longer working with SBI.”

Kabrutus, known for his fierce defense of gamers and advocacy for transparency within the industry, revealed intriguing insights into his interactions with developers amidst the ongoing discourse. When questioned about outreach from industry insiders, particularly developers, regarding his stance on contentious issues, Kabrutus disclosed that while maintaining confidentiality, he had indeed been in dialogue with various developers seeking clarity on their association with certain entities.

Kabrutus recently addedFlintlock: The Siege of Dawn” by A44 Games to his curated list labeled “Sweet Baby Inc. detected” on Steam. This decision followed the discovery that Kim Belair, associated with Sweet Baby Inc., had a role in the game, as disclosed in a physical copy of Edge Magazine. Upon being notified, the developers assured Kabrutus via email that they had thoroughly removed any connections to Sweet Baby Inc. and completely overhauled the game.

However, despite these assurances, they declined to provide a pre-release copy of the game or discuss it with Kabrutus’s curator team. This lack of transparency raised doubts regarding the developers’ claims. Discussions with the developers of “Flintlock” raised pertinent questions about the extent of SBI’s influence on game development, with developers seeking to distance themselves from past affiliations.

Kabrutus made clear that he wasn’t against game developers; quite the contrary. He emphasized the importance of transparency and mutual respect within the gaming community, asserting that gamers and developers are allies in the pursuit of quality gaming experiences. His message resonated with the broader gaming community, which increasingly values authenticity and integrity in game development.

Furthermore, Kabrutus offered pragmatic advice to developers seeking to disassociate from contentious entities such as Sweet Baby Inc. He urged them to communicate openly with gamers, emphasizing that transparency could enhance a game’s visibility and appeal to consumers. By aligning with their audience’s values, developers stand to forge stronger connections and garner greater support from the gaming community.

It was also pointed out that while attention often focuses on high-profile controversies, such as those involving Sweet Baby Inc., there are multiple entities that influence game development, each with its own agenda.

Kabrutus took to X and posted: “To the developers out there: we are on your side. We just want to be respected and be heard. Do not be afraid to reach us and say that you don’t want DEI stuff in your game or even that you had one of those companies working for you but don’t want to do that anymore and removed what they did from the final version of your project. Remember that we are fighting with you and not AGAINST you. If you are a developer and wanna talk about it, please, be my guest at info_DEID@protonmail.com. And don’t worry: I’ll NEVER reveal your identity if that’s what you want. If you do this, be 100% sure that we will support you. We will be on your side.”

Fonte
================================================================================================

Night Sky

Bam-bam-bam
Reações
Pontos

ZERO!!

Ei mãe, 500 pontos!
Reações
Pontos

At the Game Developers Conference, the Games Industry Really Needed a Good Scream

Over 50 developers met today for a coordinated group scream to lament the state of the industry​

Today, over 50 game developers met in a park across the street from Moscone Center where the annual Game Developers Conference (GDC) was taking place. They had one objective: to scream as loud as possible.

The event, known as "GDScream," took place in an open area in the middle of Yerba Buena Gardens, where event organizers assembled the crowd by holding up pieces of paper with "SCREAM" scribbled on them. One of the organizers wore a shirt printed with Munch's The Scream; another participant wore a shirt printed with an ice cream cone. At exactly noon, the cluster of individuals from all corners of game development let loose a loud scream that lasted for several seconds. As it trailed off, the group broke into relieved laughter and applaused before slowly dispersing.

The scream was organized by Scott Jon Siegal and Caryl Shaw in response to growing discontent among game developers in the face of ongoing industry mass layoffs, as well as coordinated harassment campaigns against marginalized individuals and overall fears of worsening industry conditions. I spoke with Siegal post-scream, where they told me the event came together after they posted "half-jokingly" on Facebook about the general powerlessness they felt about it all, and wanting to get everyone together to scream. Shaw reached out upon seeing the post, and seriously offered to help organize it.

It's an industry that really takes advantage of passion, and that's broken my heart over and over again.

The two set up event pages and used word of mouth to get information out. Siegal says their hope was to get enough people to attend so everyone would "have a moment of feeling good, a moment of comradery, and moment of just fully acknowledging how messed up everything us and acknowledging that we're all here at this event pretending everything is fine...it can't be a constant topic of conversation, but it feels like there needs to be just one moment of just letting it out."

I asked Siegal why they, personally, were screaming. Siegal replied, noting that while they had had a "very blessed" 16-year career in games, they were struggling to recommend aspiring game developers to even enter the industry due to the current conditions, which they said was "tragic."

"I'm always slightly screaming inside for a lot of personal reasons, but this is an industry that is built on passion," they said. "I entered the games industry in my early 20s because I loved games so much and I found that I had this passion for building them and building experiences that brought delight to other people. It's an industry that really feeds on that passion and takes advantage of that passion, and that's broken my heart over and over again...and I just wanted to scream about it."

As I chatted with a number of the developers attending the scream, it seemed many of them had shown up for those exact reasons.

"I'm screaming because I was just in a really good, valuable, much-appreciated [GDC] session that I absolutely hated," one game developer who asked to be anonymous told me. "Because we talked about diversity in games and we were all marginalized people, and we're all looking at each other going 'Yeah it sucks, for some reason we have to do this, and we cannot not do this and I don't know how to deal with the obligation of having to do this just because I'm the person that I am.'"

You don't just have to be angry. You don't just have to feel hopeless.

Another anonymous industry figure who works on the business side told me they were screaming because "the industry is in an interesting spot where our fiscal needs and our creative needs are not matching up, and it's causing a lot of damage which I think will have long-term effects on the pipeline. Also, obviously a lot of people came together for something that isn't the usual GDC vibe. We all have a lot of tension that needs to be released."

Also among the crowd were two representatives from the CODE-CWA, a union organization representing developers from studios such as Tender Claws, Activision QA United, Blizzard Albany, ZeniMax Workers United, and Sega USA.

"The layoffs in the past couple of years have been absolutely horrible," said Robin LoBuglio, gameplay programmer at Tender Claws. "My partner was actually laid off almost 18 months ago. It's nuts. We screamed because we're angry. But we're also here because we really want people to know that you don't just have to be angry. You don't just have to feel hopeless...I think it's really really urgent in this time that people use the leverage that we have, that we unionize...because while you have a job, you have that leverage, there's still time. And I think the last year has shown us that if we don't stand up for ourselves, they will treat us like trash."

Dara Insixiengmay, 3D artist at Tender Claws, added, "The state of the industry has been at such, such a low point. And screaming out our frustrations, our anger, but also channeling that into something where we together, working together, as a community, we can empower ourselves to fight back and to stand up for our rights, our jobs, our livelihoods."

As the crowd dispersed, I asked Siegal if the scream had helped them at all.

"Aside from how my throat will feel tomorrow, it helped me," they replied. "Not enough opportunities in life to scream."

Fonte
================================================================================================

Pensava que a GDC ocorria para reunir desenvolvedores e trocar conhecimentos sobre as novidades na área. Ao invés disso, cada vez mais parece uma reunião de floquinhos de neve que se acham especiais e sentem uma necessidade incontrolável de agir como vítimas. Vergonha alheia define. :facepalm

Eu trocaria gritos por suicídio em massa dessas fofurinhas, os consumidores e jogadores agradecem.

Bloodstained

Mil pontos, LOL!
Reações
Pontos

GJijcJfXwAAfycY

A indústria que não vê problema nenhum em ter uma put* assumida, femimiminista de carteirinha, como editora do Kotaku, é a mesma indústria que acha problemático ter personagens femininas fictícias sexualizadas em games.

A indústria que não vê problema algum em ter essa put* escrevendo artigos difamatórios para inflamar a perseguição das pessoas que discordam com ela, é a mesma indústria que fingiu que não enxergou a perseguição direcionada promovida pela Shit Baby Stink contra a curadoria do Kabrutus.

Não é para menos que essa mesma indústria aceite bovinamente o fato de que, em sua conferência anual de desenvolvedores, 15% das pautas estejam relacionadas a ESG ou DEI. O câncer ideológico é sistêmico e não adianta contar com a indústria de games para extirpá-lo. Ao invés disso, os putos preferem ficar gritando para as nuvens, para "combater os gamers tóxicos". :facepalm

É desolador pensar que essa é a concorrência da Soyny Califórnia. Uma concorrência forte e saudável é o melhor motor que existe para promover qualidade e inovação, em ambos os lados. A concorrência medíocre da Microsoft serve apenas para deixar a Soyny confortável em sua atual posição, produzindo as mesmas merdas de sempre. Lamentável.

Bloodstained

Mil pontos, LOL!
Reações
Pontos

BBC Gaming Presenter Jules Hardy Calls For Current Sweet Baby Inc. Discourse To End With A “Final Purge” Of Ideological Opponents From The Medium

hard.jpg

Jules Hardy introduces Witchercon (2021), Netflix

In the view of BBC gaming presenter Jules Hardy, the best way for the current discourse surrounding Sweet Baby Inc. to resolve itself would be with a “final purge” of those players who are critical of the general presence of ‘Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion’-focused consultation companies within the video game industry.

Hardy, perhaps best known to viewers of the government-funded British programming network for her having served as the host of 2021’s Top Gear Gaming Show and 2017’s The Gaming Show, shared her opinion on the aforementioned debate on March 22nd in response to a tweet from the narrative consultation company Black Girl Gamers.

Retweeting a now-deleted post from user @becky890374052 in which they proposed the creation of a Steam curator page – similar to the Sweet Baby Inc. Detected group – meant to inform customers of the games in which Black Girl Gamers had worked on.

“Black Girl Gamers you wanted to defend Sweet Baby Inc. with all you could possible,” wrote the user. “Well here is your page because you wanted to finish Sweet Baby Inv when I know that you both work together on projects and forced DEI is nothing more than racism”.

Black Girl Gamers mocked, “We really got you pressed by just existing LOL”.

“We’ve never worked with Sweet Baby Inc, you all saw ‘Black’ and ‘consulting’ and decided that we all work together,” they then accused. “Sounds like racism. We’re not stopping so have fun.”

az-e1711432826544.png

Taking notice of Black Girl Gamers’ attempt at a public clap back, Hardy would eventually retweet the company’s post and ask her followers, “Can we agree that for round two of ‘this’ [GamerGate] it can be the final purge of these kinds of gamers? It’ 2024,” Hardy added. “I’ve been arguing about this for decades can we have a last full detox of these dude so we can get back to the positive gaming community we have been creating”.

purge.png

As an aside, it should be noted that while there currently exists no public record of Black Girl Gamers and Sweet Baby Inc. having worked side-by-side on a given project, as noted by @Becky8903740521, the former has stood in defense of the latter amidst their recent backlash.

Asked by a supporter on March 6th to refrain from engaging with YouTuber The Act Man’s very late discovery regarding Sweet Baby Inc.’s actual reach and operations, the company’s official account asserted, “Honestly, we’ve been doing this for years and trolls always come, but for us it’s not necessarily about feeding them, it’s about showing an opposing narrative, because sometimes non-endemic companies/agencies will go online see one perspective (theirs) and take it as gospel. It’s also in defense of Sweet Baby Inc who work in a similar lane to us who do great work,” they added, “It’s nice to see solidarity when being attacked online. Also shows our audience who block too.”

vcx.png

Fonte
==============================================================================================

Ultima Edição:

Bloodstained

Mil pontos, LOL!
Reações
Pontos

SAG-AFTRA Declares Possible MoCap And Voice Actor Strike As AI Becomes The Target Of Gaming Job Upheaval At GDC 2024

As the video game industry grapples with widespread layoffs and the rise of generative AI, the Screen Actors Guild-American Federation of Television and Radio Artists (SAG-AFTRA) is taking center stage at this year’s Game Developers Conference (GDC) to advocate for ethical AI usage and worker protections.

The union, which represents performers in video games, film, and television, has been embroiled in contentious contract negotiations with major game companies over AI safeguards. At the heart of the dispute is SAG-AFTRA’s push for comprehensive protections against the unethical use of AI in game development and performance capture.

Specifically, SAG-AFTRA is seeking to prevent game studios from using AI to generate synthetic performances without consent or compensation for actors. There are concerns that companies could leverage AI voice cloning and motion capture technologies to create digital replicas of performers, circumventing the need to hire them for new projects.

“We’re doing everything we can to convince and bring pressure on these companies so that they will actually come back to the table and make a fair deal for all of the performers who work for them,” said Duncan Crabtree-Ireland, SAG-AFTRA’s chief negotiator.

The SAG-AFTRA argues that any use of an actor’s voice, likeness, or performance data should require their explicit permission and fair residual payments. However, major game publishers like Activision Blizzard, Electronic Arts, and others have reportedly pushed back against SAG-AFTRA’s proposed AI restrictions.

The stalemate has raised the specter of a potential strike by voice actors, following a nearly unanimous strike authorization vote last fall. While SAG-AFTRA remains committed to reaching an agreement, Crabtree-Ireland acknowledged that a work stoppage might be inevitable if game companies refuse to budge on AI protections.

SAG-AFTRA warns that failure to establish ethical AI guidelines could “come back to bite” game studios by damaging public perception and drawing backlash from consumers who value responsible technology practices. Crabtree-Ireland reiterated: “[A upcoming strike] won’t be a matter of months, but possibly a matter of weeks.”

“Obviously, strikes are a last resort for us because they cause great disruption,”
he said. “But the companies really have to move off this idea that AI protections can be limited to just a subset of performers.”

The high-stakes negotiations reflect the gaming industry’s precarious relationship with AI as companies race to capitalize on the cost-saving potential of generative AI while actors and creators demand safeguards against exploitative practices that could undermine their professions.

At GDC, SAG-AFTRA representatives like Sarah Elmaleh, chair of the union’s Interactive Negotiating Committee, and Ray Rodriguez, chief contracts officer, aim to establish guardrails that safeguard performers’ rights while embracing the technology’s potential.

Through panels and meetings, Elmaleh and Rodriguez are advocating for an ethical framework around AI usage in game development. This includes restricting unconsented voice cloning, securing residual payments for performers whose data is used to train AI systems, and implementing transparency around when AI generation is employed.

“I certainly view AI with apprehension and a great deal of concern about what could happen, but I don’t view it in an exclusively negative light,” Rodriguez stated. “It is the challenge that is before us, and it’s a challenge that we should feel confident we can work through by collaborating with developers and AI companies.”

Rodriguez stressed that SAG-AFTRA is not seeking to impede AI’s progress, but rather ensure it develops in a way that respects and compensates artists fairly. SAG-AFTRA hopes to work cooperatively with game studios to create mutually agreeable guidelines.

The union’s efforts extend beyond just AI, as it also supports broader worker protections and the potential unionization of game developers themselves amid major workforce reductions. Elmaleh, a veteran game performer with credits like High on Life and Final Fantasy XV, expressed solidarity with developers facing layoffs and called for self-determination in the industry.

As someone immersed in game development, I’m in awe of my developer collaborators – how creative, smart and grounded they are,” Elmaleh said. “My heart breaks to see them suffer layoffs and upheaval. I wish developers every bit of luck and solidarity, and I’m here for resources, support and shared action whenever they seek a path to self-protection and sustainable careers.”

The AI debate at GDC comes amid a turbulent period for the gaming industry. Major studios like Activision Blizzard, Electronic Arts, and others have implemented significant job cuts affecting thousands of employees, citing economic pressures and a pivot toward emerging technologies like AI as cost-cutting measures.

Meanwhile, AI’s accelerating integration into game development has sparked widespread concerns over the potential misuse and exploitation of performers. A key fear is the creation of synthetic voice performances, digital avatars, and other AI-generated content without proper compensation or consent from the actors involved.

Nvidia’s recent unveiling of its AI-powered character voicing tool, Ace, at CES reignited these debates. While touted as a revolutionary technology to create fully-voiced non-player characters, it raised alarms after revelations that Ace’s underlying models could contain copyrighted training data.

“The AI genie is out of the bottle, but we have an opportunity to get ahead of it and establish equitable rules,” said Sarah Elmaleh. “We’re here to collaborate with all stakeholders to protect creative professionals while allowing the positive potential of these technologies to be realized responsibly.”

By taking a central role at GDC, SAG-AFTRA is positioning itself as a key voice shaping AI’s integration in an ethical manner that doesn’t undermine performers’ livelihoods.

Ray Rodriguez emphasized that the games business has historically adapted to technological disruption. “This is a challenge we can work through by proactively cooperating rather than railing against an inevitable force,” he stated. “We aim to be partners in innovating the right way.”

“The whole history of the entertainment industry is a history of disruptive technologies,”
Rodriguez explained. “The lesson from that is that you can’t avoid new technology, and the sky thus far isn’t actually falling. It feels like it! I don’t mean to make light of anyone’s concern, especially as it comes to AI technology. It does contain within it the risk of an existential threat, but history teaches us that the only way out is through.”

As GDC unfolds, all eyes will be on SAG-AFTRA’s efforts to navigate the AI landscape and advocate for fair working conditions amidst the game industry’s transformation. The union’s actions could set a precedent for how performers and creators adapt to the challenges and opportunities presented by generative AI technologies.

Fonte

Espero que entrem mesmo em greve e, com isso, acabem demonstrando que IA pode substituí-los facilmente. :klol

Além disso, quem sabe essa greve não desencadeia de vez a crise com a qual a indústria de games ocidental vem flertando há tempos... :kclassic

O Rei Rubro

RIP AND TEAR
GOLD
Reações
Pontos

SAG-AFTRA Declares Possible MoCap And Voice Actor Strike As AI Becomes The Target Of Gaming Job Upheaval At GDC 2024

As the video game industry grapples with widespread layoffs and the rise of generative AI, the Screen Actors Guild-American Federation of Television and Radio Artists (SAG-AFTRA) is taking center stage at this year’s Game Developers Conference (GDC) to advocate for ethical AI usage and worker protections.

The union, which represents performers in video games, film, and television, has been embroiled in contentious contract negotiations with major game companies over AI safeguards. At the heart of the dispute is SAG-AFTRA’s push for comprehensive protections against the unethical use of AI in game development and performance capture.

Specifically, SAG-AFTRA is seeking to prevent game studios from using AI to generate synthetic performances without consent or compensation for actors. There are concerns that companies could leverage AI voice cloning and motion capture technologies to create digital replicas of performers, circumventing the need to hire them for new projects.

“We’re doing everything we can to convince and bring pressure on these companies so that they will actually come back to the table and make a fair deal for all of the performers who work for them,” said Duncan Crabtree-Ireland, SAG-AFTRA’s chief negotiator.

The SAG-AFTRA argues that any use of an actor’s voice, likeness, or performance data should require their explicit permission and fair residual payments. However, major game publishers like Activision Blizzard, Electronic Arts, and others have reportedly pushed back against SAG-AFTRA’s proposed AI restrictions.

The stalemate has raised the specter of a potential strike by voice actors, following a nearly unanimous strike authorization vote last fall. While SAG-AFTRA remains committed to reaching an agreement, Crabtree-Ireland acknowledged that a work stoppage might be inevitable if game companies refuse to budge on AI protections.

SAG-AFTRA warns that failure to establish ethical AI guidelines could “come back to bite” game studios by damaging public perception and drawing backlash from consumers who value responsible technology practices. Crabtree-Ireland reiterated: “[A upcoming strike] won’t be a matter of months, but possibly a matter of weeks.”

“Obviously, strikes are a last resort for us because they cause great disruption,”
he said. “But the companies really have to move off this idea that AI protections can be limited to just a subset of performers.”

The high-stakes negotiations reflect the gaming industry’s precarious relationship with AI as companies race to capitalize on the cost-saving potential of generative AI while actors and creators demand safeguards against exploitative practices that could undermine their professions.

At GDC, SAG-AFTRA representatives like Sarah Elmaleh, chair of the union’s Interactive Negotiating Committee, and Ray Rodriguez, chief contracts officer, aim to establish guardrails that safeguard performers’ rights while embracing the technology’s potential.

Through panels and meetings, Elmaleh and Rodriguez are advocating for an ethical framework around AI usage in game development. This includes restricting unconsented voice cloning, securing residual payments for performers whose data is used to train AI systems, and implementing transparency around when AI generation is employed.

“I certainly view AI with apprehension and a great deal of concern about what could happen, but I don’t view it in an exclusively negative light,” Rodriguez stated. “It is the challenge that is before us, and it’s a challenge that we should feel confident we can work through by collaborating with developers and AI companies.”

Rodriguez stressed that SAG-AFTRA is not seeking to impede AI’s progress, but rather ensure it develops in a way that respects and compensates artists fairly. SAG-AFTRA hopes to work cooperatively with game studios to create mutually agreeable guidelines.

The union’s efforts extend beyond just AI, as it also supports broader worker protections and the potential unionization of game developers themselves amid major workforce reductions. Elmaleh, a veteran game performer with credits like High on Life and Final Fantasy XV, expressed solidarity with developers facing layoffs and called for self-determination in the industry.

As someone immersed in game development, I’m in awe of my developer collaborators – how creative, smart and grounded they are,” Elmaleh said. “My heart breaks to see them suffer layoffs and upheaval. I wish developers every bit of luck and solidarity, and I’m here for resources, support and shared action whenever they seek a path to self-protection and sustainable careers.”

The AI debate at GDC comes amid a turbulent period for the gaming industry. Major studios like Activision Blizzard, Electronic Arts, and others have implemented significant job cuts affecting thousands of employees, citing economic pressures and a pivot toward emerging technologies like AI as cost-cutting measures.

Meanwhile, AI’s accelerating integration into game development has sparked widespread concerns over the potential misuse and exploitation of performers. A key fear is the creation of synthetic voice performances, digital avatars, and other AI-generated content without proper compensation or consent from the actors involved.

Nvidia’s recent unveiling of its AI-powered character voicing tool, Ace, at CES reignited these debates. While touted as a revolutionary technology to create fully-voiced non-player characters, it raised alarms after revelations that Ace’s underlying models could contain copyrighted training data.

“The AI genie is out of the bottle, but we have an opportunity to get ahead of it and establish equitable rules,” said Sarah Elmaleh. “We’re here to collaborate with all stakeholders to protect creative professionals while allowing the positive potential of these technologies to be realized responsibly.”

By taking a central role at GDC, SAG-AFTRA is positioning itself as a key voice shaping AI’s integration in an ethical manner that doesn’t undermine performers’ livelihoods.

Ray Rodriguez emphasized that the games business has historically adapted to technological disruption. “This is a challenge we can work through by proactively cooperating rather than railing against an inevitable force,” he stated. “We aim to be partners in innovating the right way.”

“The whole history of the entertainment industry is a history of disruptive technologies,”
Rodriguez explained. “The lesson from that is that you can’t avoid new technology, and the sky thus far isn’t actually falling. It feels like it! I don’t mean to make light of anyone’s concern, especially as it comes to AI technology. It does contain within it the risk of an existential threat, but history teaches us that the only way out is through.”

As GDC unfolds, all eyes will be on SAG-AFTRA’s efforts to navigate the AI landscape and advocate for fair working conditions amidst the game industry’s transformation. The union’s actions could set a precedent for how performers and creators adapt to the challenges and opportunities presented by generative AI technologies.

Fonte

Espero que entrem mesmo em greve e, com isso, acabem demonstrando que IA pode substituí-los facilmente. :klol

Além disso, quem sabe essa greve não desencadeia de vez a crise com a qual a indústria de games ocidental vem flertando há tempos... :kclassic

Quotando para reforçar.

Façam greve sojados...façam.

Prava

Bam-bam-bam
Reações
Pontos
Engraçado os caras mandam um "quem não quiser comprar não compre, f**a-se!"

Daí a galera se organiza pra boicotar "por que vocês não vão comprar minha porcaria Woke?"

O Kabrutus fez um estrago absurdo nos Lacradores.

Olha o "Efeito Dominó" que ele causou. Muito bom. Eu não imaginava que tomaria uma proporção tão grande.

Ultima Edição:

Bloodstained

Mil pontos, LOL!
Reações
Pontos
O Kabrutus fez um estrago absurdo nos Lacradores.

Olha o "Efeito Dominó" que ele causou. Muito bom. Eu não imaginava que tomaria uma proporção tão grande.
A parte mais irônica é que ele entrou na história de gaiato, já que foi ele quem sofreu o primeiro ataque. O cara estava lá no canto dele, de boa com sua curadoria, até que os imbecis da Shit Baby Stink começaram a persegui-lo, visando seu cancelamento e a eliminação de sua conta na Steam.

Desde então, os imbecis vem dobrando seus esforços em agredir e difamar gamers em geral e, a cada tentativa, o Efeito Streisand aumenta mais. Esses mesmos putos que adoram pregar tolerância e inclusão, são os mesmos que agora estão defendendo um "expurgo final" para todos que discordem de suas opiniões. Quanto mais eles falam, mais expõe sua demência e hipocrisia. Não fosse o fato de contarem com a proteção da mídia de acesso e dos diversos ativistas que infiltraram na indústria por mais de uma década, ficaria absurdamente claro, para qualquer um, que são eles quem devem ser enxotados. Esse bando de pnc está cagando para games: só querem defender seus "esquemas" e continuar parasitando a indústria, vendendo soluções para os problemas que eles mesmos criam.

Bloodstained

Mil pontos, LOL!
Reações
Pontos

Não se preocupem, as novas diretrizes que a Microsoft anunciou na GDC são apenas sugestões para os estúdios "melhorarem" seus jogos. Eles não estão forçando essas "melhorias" goela abaixo dos estúdios não.

images

Ultima Edição:

Wolkaiser

Bam-bam-bam
Reações
Pontos
Eu achava que o South of Midnight era justamente um jogo que explorava um pouco da cultura negra, sem troca de personagens e outras bobagens.

Green Lantern

Ei mãe, 500 pontos!
Reações
Pontos
Já algum tempo que os games começaram a ter esse viés politizado mesmo que sutilmente, não atoa que jogo cada vez menos. O interessante é o mercado de games indo pro buraco, as empresas tendo prejuízos pelas vendas ridículas elas ainda procuram esse formato de produção de games por causa de quem financia os projetos liberarem dinheiro baseado nela.
No fim como grande parte do entretenimento não é questão de dinheiro e sim de mudar o comportamento global das pessoas para beneficiar quem está no topo.

Topo Fundo